Firmware 1.02 for K-x

chinnian

Sep 10, 2007
Hi all,

As you all know, Pentax has released firmware 1.02 for K-x recently,
but when I get down to download it, the download page shows 1.01, I can't find 1.02 anywhere on the web. Anyone knows where can I find 1.02?

http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-x_s.html

thanks!

Last edited:
hi,
how do you install it after downloading? the website is all in anone, catch no ball lah. also what's teh upgrade for?

thanks

Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking:
- The text file that explains update procedure.
- The updated firmware file.
Copy updated firmware file to root directory of a blank formatted SD card
Insert SD card with new firmware, make sure camera battery is not depleted
Switch on camera while pressing the Menu button
Camera will prompt with firmware version and if you want to update firmware
Update firmware, wait until completion
Switch off camera, remove or reformat the SD card

Last edited:
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking:
- The text file that explains update procedure.
- The updated firmware file.
Copy updated firmware file to root directory of a blank formatted SD card
Insert SD card with new firmware, make sure camera battery is not depleted
Switch on computer while pressing the Menu button
Camera will prompt with firmware version and if you want to update firmware
Update firmware, wait until completion
Switch off camera, remove or reformat the SD card

Bro Creampuff... switch on Camera right??? haha... haven wake up in the morning yet?;p

Bro Creampuff... switch on Camera right??? haha... haven wake up in the morning yet?;p

Yah you're right, not yet drink my kopi... doing design work in the wee hours of the morning doesn't help me think straight.

The changes are so underwhelming that I simply did not bother to update. I'm still on Ver 1.01! Maybe this coming PC show if I buy an SDXC card then I will upgrade. :)

The changes are so underwhelming that I simply did not bother to update. I'm still on Ver 1.01! Maybe this coming PC show if I buy an SDXC card then I will upgrade. :)

So its just an update to support SDXC cards right? No one has discovered any "unmentioned" changed to the firmware.. I'll stick to the v1.01 then :cool: