Fireworks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
because it is fire mah..

use apply burn tools in photoshop to darken the smoke..

Today's NDP preview fireworks are terrible. The thick smoke covers the fireworks! ;(

Today's NDP preview fireworks are terrible. The thick smoke covers the fireworks! ;(
You guys were there? I was there too!

Yes, I agreed, tonight's fire works are terrible for photo shoots, the fire works itself are very nice, but the almost still wind kept the smoke near over head where the fire works are, causing lots of reflections on the photos... Worse is the wind direction is gently blowing towards the crowds... can hardly take a clear and sharp shot on those fire works.

I just kept trying and shooting, was just hope something good, can be captured. Have not really go through the photos in my PC yet, but browsing through the camera's LCD screen, if can have one or two good and beautiful shots, I'll be happy already.

You guys were there? I was there too!

Yes, I agreed, tonight's fire works are terrible for photo shoots, the fire works itself are very nice, but the almost still wind kept the smoke near over head where the fire works are, causing lots of reflections on the photos... Worse is the wind direction is gently blowing towards the crowds... can hardly take a clear and sharp shot on those fire works.

I just kept trying and shooting, was just hope something good, can be captured. Have not really go through the photos in my PC yet, but browsing through the camera's LCD screen, if can have one or two good and beautiful shots, I'll be happy already.

Yeah i agree! I was at the Esplanade bridge and what a waste. Nice fireworks blanketed by all the smoke. In the end after taking so many shots, i think only a few can be used.

I was at the left side of the small jetty in front of Esplanade, very near to the platform.

Hopefully, on the actual day, can manage to get a T pass to go into the parade itself, then hopefully can take some fire work shots from within the parade ground. Hehe...

the smoke is really bad.
was at the field behind NTUC Income.
the smoke was moving so slowly...
only my first shot was clean of smoke

and it's too fast, too many burst.

shall wait for the Fireworks Festival

the smoke is really bad.
was at the field behind NTUC Income.
the smoke was moving so slowly...
only my first shot was clean of smoke

and it's too fast, too many burst.

shall wait for the Fireworks Festival

Oh? May I know how to get into that field? It's where you can see the boats that tow those giant ballons park and waiting area, right?

Cause I have wanted to take from an opposite side of the parade and the flag fly pass.. My boss's idea anyway, I need to try to fulfill his 'command'.

yep, encountered the same problem. smoke...
i guess the people around me enjoyed the blasting of fireworks (liked diarrhoea, my friend said, haha...), but photographers will dread it. well, think this is atmosphere of NDP, with a lot of wow's.
looking forward to the fireworks show on 17, 18 Aug, hopefully it is less smoky.

last week one was so much better... most of my fireworks shot this time .. half of the fireworks covered in smoke... took from the parade..

yep, encountered the same problem. smoke...
i guess the people around me enjoyed the blasting of fireworks (liked diarrhoea, my friend said, haha...), but photographers will dread it. well, think this is atmosphere of NDP, with a lot of wow's.
looking forward to the fireworks show on 17, 18 Aug, hopefully it is less smoky.

yeah... i really hope the fireworks show on 17 and 18 will be better... if not... sighz... anyway... anybody wanna meet up to go together???

Similar to last week's NE Show part 3, there are 2 rounds of fireworks. When the fireworks just started, it's nice but soon got overwhelmed by smoke.

The fireworks festival should be better cos i really think SG's quality of fireworks is very bad.

I thought it was my problem... I halved my aperture size as compared to last year, and used shutter speed as slow as 2s, with ISO 100, and the image still turns out overexposed with short burst of fireworks. Unimpressive.

I thought it was my problem... I halved my aperture size as compared to last year, and used shutter speed as slow as 2s, with ISO 100, and the image still turns out overexposed with short burst of fireworks. Unimpressive.
I adjust my settings along the way while the ISO remains at 100, especially the shutter speed, from the initial setting of 10 sec, down to 5 sec, then down to 2 sec, than down to 1 sec. Still, the photos were overexposed...

i was there at the field beside NTUC building. the smoke is terrible, when i was standing there i am quite choke by it. the sound makes my leg feel painful. i took some photos but very smokey:(. but i think everyone who was there is agreeing with me. but the fireworks quite nice.

I adjust my settings along the way while the ISO remains at 100, especially the shutter speed, from the initial setting of 10 sec, down to 5 sec, then down to 2 sec, than down to 1 sec. Still, the photos were overexposed...

overexposure with fireworks shots are ok. maybe nxt time u can try using bulb mode, F/13. yest i use it n it produces nice pictures. it was quite risky using such a high apperture but the pics turn out quite good;). upload it few days later for you to see.

over exposure is ok... but not to the extent where the smoke actually causes too much distraction until the fireworks are barely visible... short shuttle speeds aren't a choice either...

Status
Not open for further replies.