Fireworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpix7900

Jun 29, 2005
Hillview
Hi, Fireworks month is coming! So are there any plans to organise a group of oly people to go shoot fireworks?
BTW, will ZD11-22mm be a good lens to shoot fireworks?

Cheers! :)

i don' have 11-22mm yet :cry:

hahahah.... i'm sure there will be!

can use kit lens?:embrass: no other lens liao

selamatlzh said:
Is 11-22 necessary ?
No need,i seen people stand very far but use 12mm,in the end only capture very small bursts.

u2nofear said:
not sure....;p
yah, me too... not sure that's why ask the oly masters here lor... i think all lens also can lah, just that which one is the best one to use... i just got my 11-22 meh, so just want to check if that is the best lens to use. :)

Quote on best lens actually depends on your composition... 11-22 OR your kit lens is good enough if you are planning to shoot the fireworks from too close....... wide from a close distance will avoid unwanted lights getting reflected from lamp-post, compact flash, etc....

To comment on using wide from a very longer distance is not a bad idea as like I said it depends on your composition...And again its not wrong to have a small view of fireworks... with the surrounding area in picture you can actually judge the size of it....

Fireworks_NDP00288.jpg

Think & Plan properly before you shoot fireworks....go down, look at the location, do your home work on the settings that you plan, take some sample pictures a day before.... Last and most important, be there few hours early...:)

marlboro_guy said:
Quote on best lens actually depends on your composition... 11-22 OR your kit lens is good enough if you are planning to shoot the fireworks from too close....... wide from a close distance will avoid unwanted lights getting reflected from lamp-post, compact flash, etc....

To comment on using wide from a very longer distance is not a bad idea as like I said it depends on your composition...And again its not wrong to have a small view of fireworks... with the surrounding area in picture you can actually judge the size of it....

Fireworks_NDP00288.jpg

Think & Plan properly before you shoot fireworks....go down, look at the location, do your home work on the settings that you plan, take some sample pictures a day before.... Last and most important, be there few hours early...:)

this photo is impress to me ..are u going to shoot firework again this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.