Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fukeong

Nov 14, 2004
1) what settings sld i use for my fujiflim s602 camera...no additional lenses fitted... to take fireworks....?

2)where can i take those fireworks pic...?

3)do i need a tripod ?

4)what time will the fireworks start ?

5) how many days will they haf the fireworks. ?

Fukeong

fukeong said:
1) what settings sld i use for my fujiflim s602 camera...no additional lenses fitted... to take fireworks....?

2)where can i take those fireworks pic...?

3)do i need a tripod ?

4)what time will the fireworks start ?

5) how many days will they haf the fireworks. ?

Fukeong

#1: I don't know the make of your camera but if it does have a "S" mode, set it to Bulb mode to shoot the fireworks. You also need a cable release or a remote to trigger of the shutter as and when you want. Set the ISO to the lowest, and aperture to ard f8 to f16. Reccomend you reach your shooting location early, do some test shots on the scene u intend to capture the fireworks with to roughly get the shutter speed you want.

#2: Shears bridge, Bras basah, Esplanade park. etc. Do a search on CS. Many ppl ahve posted abt this.

#3: Yes!

#4 and #5: for the next 13days onwards, every night at 2130 hrs.

how do i determine wad shuttle speed to use ?

went juz now....wasn't very successful....hope to try again these few days...

DSCF0005copy.jpg

DSCF0004copy.jpg

DSCF0003copy.jpg

DSCF0002copy.jpg

DSCF0001copy.jpg

Any comments on how to improve those shots....my first try on fireworks...

Maybe you would like to share how you set up your equipment and your work process in shooting the fireworks...so that others can perhaps comment on it?

wad u mean set up equiptment n work process ?

you need a remote shutter and snap at the right time. e.g. say exposure set to 3 Secs with F11. When you saw the firework is launching half-way, snap the shutter. Then you may have a good chance to capture the explosions.
If uncertain then set your camera to continuous shots for trial and error to catch the fireworks explosion.

fail fail fail :cry:
gonna try try try ;)

failed becos ???

i would recommend get some meaningful backdrop for fireworks...
imo, i see no meaning in just snapping the "firework" by itself... it has no monumental msg... ok just my 2cents, dont whack me.
hahah.

if you're doing purely fireworks patterns, perhaps you would like to get longer exposure to get more "blooming" in one shot, it will be more majestic.

try to minimise the contact with your tripod during the shoot.
You will see the pic#5 trail is frizzy.
Most probably due to tripod or handshake.

Status
Not open for further replies.