Fireworks tomorrow

rhino123

Sep 1, 2006
NA
Yo brother and sisters,

This is not a gathering, but I am thinking of going to the firework tomorrow, I am wondering if anyone else is interested. If anyone express interest, then maybe will set it as a gathering. Anyway, it is more of a own time own target things.

I will be at the Marina Bay area tomorrow, and maybe stay till morning to take photos of sunrise (if weather permits) :)

very very crowded..even if u manage to get a gd spot.. likelihood of the crowd surging forward when it starts and bump onto the tripods without bothering~

Yo brother and sisters,

This is not a gathering, but I am thinking of going to the firework tomorrow, I am wondering if anyone else is interested. If anyone express interest, then maybe will set it as a gathering. Anyway, it is more of a own time own target things.

I will be at the Marina Bay area tomorrow, and maybe stay till morning to take photos of sunrise (if weather permits) :)

Wah bro, you can tarhan whole night don't sleep? :bsmilie:

very very crowded..even if u manage to get a gd spot.. likelihood of the crowd surging forward when it starts and bump onto the tripods without bothering~

Hmm... try try see how lor. You coming?

Yo brother and sisters,

Hey Bro!

I might be going too...but even if i do will be wif family so wont be able to practise shooting freely :(

btw bro, they claims that the fireworks will be shooting from the pontoon in the water. as such where do u think is the best angle to take it and also dont mind can give a pointers on how to shoot them? I find it very hard when you're shooting near the fireworks itself as its difficult to estimate the height of the burst.

I am also very new to this type of photography so cannot share much. But one thing is, you must bring a tripod.

I will be somewhere near the outdoor theatre or the merlion, see how things goes. If too crowded, I think even setting up a tripod would be a problem.

I am also very new to this type of photography so cannot share much. But one thing is, you must bring a tripod.

I will be somewhere near the outdoor theatre or the merlion, see how things goes. If too crowded, I think even setting up a tripod would be a problem.

Oh its ok...Yea I bet it'll be super crowded tmrw. Dunno if my son can tahan till midnite or not lol..

Be there early latest by 6 and try to chop the sides of the bay. Ultra wide lens should be able to capture it with building as a background. Else might need to use portrait View to capture it with good background.

Hmm.. thanks for the advise.

Haiz... still waiting to see if any buddy going... going there alone is abit sianz.

Hi Guys,

i will be there too, i am planning to find a spot at marina bay sands boradwalk, if it is too crowdy i might end up at marina barriage.

refer to the below link for best places to shoot fireworks.

Fireworks in Singapore - When and Where to See Them.

you definitely need a tripod, and use Bulb mode, remote is advised. huh time to buy a remote in the morning :(

Try PM Halfgeek, I think he will be interested to join. Hahah

i am in. i think marina barrage can be a good location. if we are in a group one of us can go buy tea coffee bear and we still dont lose our spot

PM me if you want me to join. or r a h u l v at gmail

this is what i had got from marina barrage (not NYC)

MarinaBarrage003DxO-X2.jpg

but nothing like getting a spot on esplanade side

street1877DxO-5-XL.jpg

Hi Guys,

I might be going there too. I think location next to MBFC will be good too.

--
vickyk

yes vicky. plus not many people will target that. but it will be ideal if we reach there before 9. i am ok with 8 as well

have been shooting NDP fireworks at for the whole month of july this and last year. if the count down firework firing platform is at the same place as the NDP, marina barriage is a big no no as the MBS building will block most of the action.
Then there is the esplanade side. I was using a 35mm on a FF cam, got 25% of the firework out of the frame, so might need to use a much wider lens.
And if you want to station at the Marina Boulevard side u'll get a big gap if you want to capture it with the MBS.

There are 2 ways tt i knw of the take fireworks pic

1) The long exposure. leave the shutter open and see wat you get

2) The bulb mode. leave the shutter open then use a black card to cover the lens. see firework open the card, then close it, then open when the next 1 fires then close. (you can have different firework in one foto)

also you might want to get the good shots at the beginning as the later part the sky gets smokey and u don have a clean pic.
Remote for the shutter helps alot too.

happy shooting and happy 2012
some picture to help

1) At Marina barriage. I was at the other end of the Dam away from the main building. if i was at the sky garden area i would be blocked from most of the action
Taken last year.

firework1 copy by DesmondBlack, on Flickr

2) Taken this year at Marina Boulevard see the big gap in between the building and fireworks. might work for some, but not for me.

Firework1 by DesmondBlack, on Flickr

Last edited:
Interested in shooting people instead. But not interested in the crowd. :sweatsm:

Interested in shooting people instead. But not interested in the crowd. :sweatsm:

well this is something that i have not done. want to try once