Fireworks This Coming Sunday - 15 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowspeeder

Feb 16, 2004
www.themenatwork.com
Last sunday's fireworks display was fantastic, far better than the previous week. Too bad, I didn't get any good takes from last week. The fireworks was too intense and fast, also being on the sheares bridge meant that I was somewhat too close to the display to catch everything effectively.

So this sunday I hope the few of us to meet up together and get a good angle. Thought of 2 good spots:

1) The area beneath the sheares bridge on the marina square side (but it will be extremely crowded)
2) Marina south (the grass plain behind the spot where the fireworks are launched) towards the sheares bridge

I got better shots on my second outing as compared to our first one. Shot from esplanade bridge. IMO, it's still the best location, provided you get to stand in front. I ended up behind 2 girls who is picnicking there and when the show started, they stood up! Sure enough they were there first but since they are not setting up tripod or taking photos, why should they stand up and block me? I couldn't take it and told them off. :nono: At least they bothered to shift a bit but only to the left and blocked my friend who was beside me.

Anyway, will go for the shoot again this Sunday. Last chance to get THE perfect one. :sweat:

I'm still on for this.

I think that the Esplanade bridge is consider a better spot in the sense that it is convenient to get there.

But the grass patch below the bridge is also good, as you get to shoot the fireworks with some background. Would the view be like what was posted here,
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=87042

I will go with the majority.

;(
my cam was stolen yesterday night. so sad,... i was charging the cam and put it on the floor. the heartless thief "fished" the cam from my bedroom window ... wah the f@#$. i stil love my cam.
;(

bry'an said:
;(
my cam was stolen yesterday night. so sad,... i was charging the cam and put it on the floor. the heartless thief "fished" the cam from my bedroom window ... wah the f@#$. i stil love my cam.
;(

?? how did it happened ? ... what is ur cam ?

bry'an said:
;(
;(

Geez! I am at a loss for words....

dun worry...
mine's worse..
I was charging my hp and pda on my wooden cabinet beside my bed in my bunk..den I went to sleep..next day, I found them missing..

The thief sneaked in and steal it when I was sleeping... :grr:

snowspeeder said:
Last sunday's fireworks display was fantastic, far better than the previous week. Too bad, I didn't get any good takes from last week. The fireworks was too intense and fast, also being on the sheares bridge meant that I was somewhat too close to the display to catch everything effectively.

So this sunday I hope the few of us to meet up together and get a good angle. Thought of 2 good spots:

1) The area beneath the sheares bridge on the marina square side (but it will be extremely crowded)
2) Marina south (the grass plain behind the spot where the fireworks are launched) towards the sheares bridge

Hi Snowspeeder
Is this the 4th or 5th Sony Gathering?
How the shooting last week ?
For the 2nd spot, are we going via Sheares Bridge to the spot?

bry'an said:
;(
;(

Hi Bryan
Sorry to hear that.
Have you make a police report?
Also, i think there is a forum in clubsnap where you can report camera serial number to clubsnap, for the record, just in case your stolen camera happen to appear in clubsnap's buy and sell forum.
Do check it out.

King Tiger said:
Hi Snowspeeder
Is this the 4th or 5th Sony Gathering?
How the shooting last week ?
For the 2nd spot, are we going via Sheares Bridge to the spot?

Think its the 4th gathering. Since, we've already been to the esplanade bridge the last time, perhaps we ought to try out other good locations.
I've seen some photos from the another thread indicating the grass patch on the marina south side seems to offer a very good spot. Best part is that it is not as crowded as the other places, so we don't have to camp there so early. The only way I know how to go there is via the sheares bridge. Walking from millenia burger king, it should take about 20 mins to reach to the other end of the sheares bridge and onto the shooting location.

snowspeeder said:
Think its the 4th gathering. Since, we've already been to the esplanade bridge the last time, perhaps we ought to try out other good locations.
I've seen some photos from the another thread indicating the grass patch on the marina south side seems to offer a very good spot. Best part is that it is not as crowded as the other places, so we don't have to camp there so early. The only way I know how to go there is via the sheares bridge. Walking from millenia burger king, it should take about 20 mins to reach to the other end of the sheares bridge and onto the shooting location.

Ok, great. :thumbsup:
I am in for this Sunday shoot.

BTW. Do you have home insurance? I had a policy that would have covered an incident like this.

hi guys :) The grass patch on the marina south side would not be a very good spot as it will be too near to the launch area. Even the F828's 28mm wide angle would not be able capture the fireworks nicely. The benjamin sheares bridge would be a better location, but only the early birds would get a good spot near the centre of the bridge.

The other good location would be the esplanade side nearer to the underside of the sheares bridge. The location here will allow most of the fireworks to be captured in the whole frame :)

These will be the likely locations I would be at with my friends :p

count me & my buddies in... but den again... i may not join u guys... will go with either group, depend which group smaller... big group very hard to organise... always have our bases kena own3d... like tis guy with a 5700, damn go set tripod behind me at the last minute, about 1 hour before the shoot... den he slowly stand super near my gf, den force my gf near me, den later slowly become side by side with me, den my gf become behind me.... superb strategy... den he still can act like nothing happen... met alot of those chao kuan ppl... some just couple watching the view of the river... den become like titanic, den later become 2 statues... den we got couples inbetween me & my fren tripod...

The center of the sheares bridge were already packed when I reached there at 6.30 pm. So had to settle for the lower part of it which is too near to the fireworks. Perhaps I'll try the esplanade side beneath the sheares bridge as mentioned earlier, but this will mean having to be there early like 4.30 pm.

king tiger how much u buy tat action grip ar?

now kinda poor but still wanna get this ball head, kinda hard to change perspective using the 3D head

bry'an said:
;(
;(

Bryan...Sorry about the sad news man...

Guys...try to avoid leaving things near the windows. There are thirfs who are specialied in loitering the corridor and aim for anything near the windows..wallets...Hp..$$...

SO treat this as a lesson...

Ramses said:
Bryan...Sorry about the sad news man...

Guys...try to avoid leaving things near the windows. There are thirfs who are specialied in loitering the corridor and aim for anything near the windows..wallets...Hp..$$...

SO treat this as a lesson...

i agree. sighz. *pat pats*

King Tiger, so lets arrange to meet this sunday afternoon say about 5 pm? Good time? Let's meet at the City Hall MRT. We'll decide on an auspicious spot thereafter.

I will be off to Bintan trip this Friday morning. Company invited me. It will be a good chance to take photos everywhere. Will only be back sunday afternoon around 2 pm. I shall head home and come out to meet u guys.

So who else is joining?
1) King Tiger
2) Snowspeeder
3)
4)

guys, GO EARLY!!!! i wuz down last sun at 5.30pm.... and my wife and i are considered late birds!!!!! there were people there much earlier... and came with picnic tables... :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.