Fireworks Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thheng71

Jun 10, 2004
Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
To all C750uz expert outthere,
Pls advise. THks.
I would like to take pictures on fireworks for this coming Firworks Festival 2004. Pls advise how should I set my cam(mode & setting). THks.

RGds
:embrass:

Hi Kit,
THks for ur reply. :) I hv read tat b4... but tat is too "deep" for someone like me(newbie / digi cam dummy) :bsmilie:
More advise, pls.
I wan to knw something like in program P mode how should I set the cam setting or i should used others mode like A/S/M or Night sence...etc.
THks alot.
Fyi on my cam spec:
Shutter speed: 16 ~ 1/1000
Aperture value: F2.8 ~ F8.0
Flash: Fill-in flash

Oh ok...... to have control of your exposure, always use Manual mode. You don't need any flash. I suggest you experiment with the settings given by Jed. If this is your first time shooting fireworks, don't have too high expectations of what you can get in the end. Treat it as a learning experience.

Many THks again. :thumbsup:
I hv read n view some of the expert setting n photos on taking Firework.
My plan on the setting during that day are as follows:
Set at Manual mode, set zoom to wide, set to F8.0, set shutter speed at 6sec(long), 1/60s ~ 1/125s, ISO50 / 100 & lastly with tripod.
If u hv better setting configuration, pls advise. THks. :)

There is no "better" setting. It depends on what you want to achieve and how you want the fireworks to appear in your images. Jed did cover the aspects of exposure settings in his article.

nvr try b4. maybe i shld give it a try during this event.

thheng71 said:
Many THks again. :thumbsup:
I hv read n view some of the expert setting n photos on taking Firework.
My plan on the setting during that day are as follows:
Set at Manual mode, set zoom to wide, set to F8.0, set shutter speed at 6sec(long), 1/60s ~ 1/125s, ISO50 / 100 & lastly with tripod.
If u hv better setting configuration, pls advise. THks. :)

6 secs may be too long if you wanna capture the 'explosion' as-is, will likely leave a trail of light... try variations, can set to a bit faster speed to capture instantaneous look, but must sacrifice on ISO (maybe 200 or 400). Trying variations this year will allow you to decide what settings you like best come the next fireworks ;)

Hi Expert,
U mean beside setting dial mode(A/S/M) to M & also set AF to MF. distance set to infinity izzit? advise. THks

thheng71 said:
Hi Expert,
U mean beside setting dial mode(A/S/M) to M & also set AF to MF. distance set to infinity izzit? advise. THks

you are absolutely right... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I found these in another website(dpreview.com) forum so copy it out to share with all c-750uz user. :embrass: Logon to the below website to view her photos taken.

She wrote:
Each camera is different, so here are some starting points that were recommended to me from Exploring Digital Photography (I made a "cheat sheet" to stick in my camera bag):

-manual exposure
-smaller apperture, somewhere between f5.6-8.0
-shutter speed: 1/4 to 2 sec (had to play with that)

-ISO: 100 or 200 (next time I will start with 80 so that I can lengthen shutter speed)

-white balance: set to sunny
-increase in-camera saturation

Post processing:
-increase saturation
-adjust levels
-sharpen

If you haven't seen them already, I have many samples on my pbase site with exif posted.

--
Theresa
The Digital Junkie!
http://www.pbase.com/theresa_k

Hi C-750uz Expert out there...
Can anyone advise which is the best place to shoot fireworks for the NDP2004 full dressing rehearsal. THks.

RGds
:)

thheng71 said:
Hi C-750uz Expert out there...
Can anyone advise which is the best place to shoot fireworks for the NDP2004 full dressing rehearsal. THks.

RGds
:)

theres no best, every location gives a different viewpoint, go early to avoid the bus n mrt crowd and scout around the stadium for the ideal location. u have 2 different days to shoot :D

thks for ur feedback. :) well i thk i will be go to the kallang river side park(opp crawford st) so as to avoid crowd @ stadium. :D

oh... vli sad :cry: i have shoot nothing today??? :confused: it seen to have some "screwup" @ the fireworks. 1st fired @ the stadium starts ard 7.50pm. I thought to myself how come the fireworks started so early. the actual firework @ 8pm but suddenly the firework pause. almost every1 in the park started to leave & the firework start re-firing again, every1 run back. :bsmilie:

wow! nice photo. :) if i'm able to capture those photo like your one, i'm vli happy liao but now i only manage to capture dark black sky n vli small tiny little fireworks. :cry: mayb i'm too far away from the fireworks for the camera distance. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.