fireworks query

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrifeYun

Nov 15, 2006
Rivervale Drive
hi guys,

got any recommendation settings for fireworks if i dun use tripod ?
and i wana get a clear image? or some trails?

i haben got a change 2 take, so if i got chance next time, i hope i can get gd shots

iso
apature
shutter speed

hi guys,

got any recommendation settings for fireworks if i dun use tripod ?
and i wana get a clear image? or some trails?

i haben got a change 2 take, so if i got chance next time, i hope i can get gd shots

iso
apature
shutter speed

If you don't want to use tripod to take fireworks photo, you can forget about it. Just relax and enjoy the fireworks.

Regards,
Arto.

reallie arr ....hmmmm

can use
iso 800 - 1600 ,
apature, 3.5
shutter spd , 3"

will this setting work ?

i using kit lens

any1 try before ? hee

lazy 2 bring tripod ... hmmm (maybe should get a small tripod)

reallie arr ....hmmmm

can use
iso 800 - 1600 ,
apature, 3.5
shutter spd , 3"

will this setting work ?

i using kit lens

any1 try before ? hee

if you're lazy, just go watch. i usually use iso 100 aperture f8 and shutter 4-5secs. i wish i have tripods to use.

reallie arr ....hmmmm

can use
iso 800 - 1600 ,
apature, 3.5
shutter spd , 3"

will this setting work ?

i using kit lens

any1 try before ? hee

You can hold your camera to the table, stone or garbage bin, or something like that to prevent movement. But I prefer tripod than scratch on my camera's bottom.

If you handheld your camera, I wonder you can freeze for 3 seconds :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

Cannot be lazy if you want to appreciate the beauty of photography...maybe you can consider a point $ shoot digital camera which is so much convenience...

as for the setting you had mentioned...without firework, you can do an experiment now by handheld and see if your pictures turn out good...if you can't produce any good image, then forget about fireworks...

Tripod is essnetial and good investment...in order to produce excellent pictures (in certain cases)...

High ISO dun work....for fireworks u need to long shutter speed, High Aperture and low ISO to make it work..as such , tripod is a MUST..:)

You can hold your camera to the table, stone or garbage bin, or something like that to prevent movement. But I prefer tripod than scratch on my camera's bottom.

Regards,
Arto.

garbage bin is good! :thumbsup:

but then be careful when u press the shutter..may cause movement too..thats y tripod and remote/cable release is necessary..

Dun want to use tripod for fireworks ? Can. Try to squeeze into the crowd and compose the crowd against the fireworks using high ISO.

You have to try an error on metering like ISO 800-1600, f4-5.6, 1/20 to 1/30sec

shutter release cable, mirror lock, tripod.......

:p kkk thanks for the input guys

i also got a pns cam heee :p

i haben try shooting fireworks wif slr yet so not so sure wat to expect ,
i noe best 2 use wif tri pod but think those sort of ocassions i will be moving around n squeezing wif ppl so abit difficult 4 mi 2 set up tripod (also lazy abit haha)

i used 2 take fireworks pic with pns cam but now got slr cam i wondering what settingswould be best, if a tripod is not used.

Regards,
Arto.

opz i mean 1/3 sec ?
3" is wat i see on e screen.

If you don't want to use tripod to take fireworks photo, you can forget about it. Just relax and enjoy the fireworks.

Regards,
Arto.

:think: take fireworks does not mean have 2 use tripod mah :p hor hor
anywayz think i also dun have so much time 2 setup equipment :p

oni when i try shooting at starz den i will take more time 2 setup stuff (no crowd 2 bother mi :p)

oni when i try shooting at starz den i will take more time 2 setup stuff (no crowd 2 bother mi :p)

i shoot fireworks and wait usually 4hrs for a good spot. nothing comes easy. just try taking with a pns and u can see the difference. a tripod is definately needed. might as well use a hp and video the fireworks.

i shoot fireworks and wait usually 4hrs for a good spot. nothing comes easy. just try taking with a pns and u can see the difference. a tripod is definately needed. might as well use a hp and video the fireworks.

hmmm will wait c christmas got firework anot hehe den got chance try try.
cannot compare wif phone lah ...think my hp cannot make it (2mp)

but i got take video on mi pns cam, okie oni, colours not so rich, hmmm will try next time wif dslr c how

any1 here try taking fireworks without tripod on dslr ?
wats ur results ?

i just wana noe wat would be the best settings, i noe if i 1 a gd photo for night shots have 2 use a tripod 2 prevent blur and i noe nothing comes easy :p
(i like star gaizing, n i can take a few hrs just staring and adjusting mi tripod ,changing lens n stuff, everytime c until eye strain & backache.)

Seriously... forget it.. go and just view..

Without a tripod, you can't take any fireworks trials shots. All you can do is capture static bursts (if you're lucky and time the shot right)

It's all up to you.

Seriously... forget it.. go and just view..

Without a tripod, you can't take any fireworks trials shots. All you can do is capture static bursts (if you're lucky and time the shot right)

It's all up to you.

:think: i just hope 2 get richer colours den my pns cam hee

haha...

me too.. esp the esp bridge..

get another kakis along..

Lazy to bring tripod.. might as well stay home & sleep..

once i bring 2 tripods...

one 055pro for my cam, the other slik for my pns to shoot mpeg...

Status
Not open for further replies.