Fireworks on Labour Day @ Esplanade

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleparty

Mar 15, 2005
Singapore
hello...

NTUC's May Day Carnival & Concert 2005 at esplanade, from 4pm to 9.30pm.

Fireworks is at 9.30pm, fired from the usual spot opposite esplanade (marina bay front).

wahseh another round of firework ah. Goodgoodgood tis time will only focus on fireworks. Thanks for the info. hope to c u there.

hope so too, but dun think can. got wedding to shoot at swissotel...dun think will end by 930. but have fun jopel!

heard gonna be much better... well, anything would be better than yseterday hor. hahha.

bro how did u get this insider news so fast huh.. but need to learn some tactics leh..that day going to be crowded like hell.. i think we need to catch a place by evening :think:

Be a happy camper :D Bring a book and read while you camp.I think 6pm would be a good time to start staking out..the sun would be going down and the air is cooling..

My Day isa Sunday, bros ... and next day, Monday, is a public holiday. Expect a lot of ppl. So 6pm might be late already. Lesson learnt from last year's SFF. ;)

yeah... its gonna be crowded... go early to chop your best spot! :D

4pm would be the best! If u dont want to squeeze wif other photographers on the bridge beside Esplanade on tat day, try to look for some other spots b4 tat day, but expect greater failure rate.

uncleparty said:
hello...

NTUC's May Day Carnival & Concert 2005 at esplanade, from 4pm to 9.30pm.

Fireworks is at 9.30pm, fired from the usual spot opposite esplanade (marina bay front).

oh no i miss a good chance to use my remote as I'll not in Singapore...:cry:

WoW! you guys really rub the kiasu spirit in me leh. Hmmmm must go and buy some grocery and standby. :think:

Hmm.. i might be on the Sheares Bridge or another location with the same view. ;)

And yeah I forgot it's on a Sunday too..6pm is slightly too late.

basicblue2k said:
bro how did u get this insider news so fast huh.. but need to learn some tactics leh..that day going to be crowded like hell.. i think we need to catch a place by evening :think:

surf the event calenders in singapore like mad. lol.

hhmm just curious, wouldnt wind direction and lights from the ground decide where we position ourselves? :dunno:

i usually park myself half hour before it starts, somewhere ard the end of esplanade away from the bridge (opposite end from where vip stands are), or at clifford pier inside there got one big empty piece of concrete "park". depending on the wind.

never experienced a crowd prob cos everyone also just point upwards...lol. :sweatsm:

uncleparty said:
hhmm just curious, wouldnt wind direction and lights from the ground decide where we position ourselves? :dunno:

i usually park myself half hour before it starts, somewhere ard the end of esplanade away from the bridge (opposite end from where vip stands are), or at clifford pier inside there got one big empty piece of concrete "park". depending on the wind.

never experienced a crowd prob cos everyone also just point upwards...lol. :sweatsm:

sorry uncle but you're not ahering to the status quo this way. you need to be "kiasu" and reserve place. you won't believe it but the more people there are on the ground, the more conjested the sky would get.

shame on you, so it seems.

candy said:
you won't believe it but the more people there are on the ground, the more conjested the sky would get.

that was uncalled for.

I never photographed any fireworks before. But I got an idea to observe some video records of it so I can learn and recognize its nature before I catch the real one. What do you think?

no point.. just go down with some of the regulars here.. learn better and faster. Nothing beats hands-on trying. Fireworks dun happen every week or often here.

Status
Not open for further replies.