Fireworks & Night Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

faaiz

Dec 31, 2007
Singapore
Hello All If you are going to take pictures tonie or in the future of fireworks and night sences n wondering what settings and equipments to use, here are some

you'll need a tripod, a black card, remote release, a zoom lense ( i use the 75-300 zoom lense ) , of course r camera and bring extra memory cards and battery packs

The settings, 1) Low ISO
2) F/5.6
3) ensure ur flash is off
4) manual focus ( pls remember to re-focus after every shot)

Black Card!!
it is jux an ordinary piece of black card

method..

after every explosion place the black card infront of ur lense thn take it away..

well bring an umberella too haha...

well this is the very basic if you have queries jux pm me..

I don't think 75-300mm suitable for fireworks shot. It is not wide enought unless you are position at few km away.
Aperture smaller than f/11 will be better.

Yup most of the bro here set f8 or f11 with manual focus and focus at infinity. There are alot of discussion here about Firework setting too :thumbsup:

Black Card!!
it is jux an ordinary piece of black card

method..

after every explosion place the black card infront of ur lense thn take it away..

I've not taken fireworks before... but what is the rationale of placing the black card after every explosion?

I've not taken fireworks before... but what is the rationale of placing the black card after every explosion?

correct me if wrong.. u can take the shot in bulb mode, ie. continuous exposure, just use black card or cloth to cover the front when waiting in between fireworks bursts

the black card allows you to record multiple fireworks bursts. everytime you remove the black card the sensor in your camera records the current burst....do it three times or more then you have three or more bursts in a single frame. keep the cardboard infront of your lens then remove it only for a second or two ...just enough to record the light coming from the burst...then place it back infront of the lens...

the black card allows you to record multiple fireworks bursts. everytime you remove the black card the sensor in your camera records the current burst....do it three times or more then you have three or more bursts in a single frame. keep the cardboard infront of your lens then remove it only for a second or two ...just enough to record the light coming from the burst...then place it back infront of the lens...

Now this makes sense ;)

Hi guys,pls do not be confused by anybody mentioning of the settings to take fireworks.What the thread starter mentioned is his method of taking fireworks.
I will say,go ahead and play around with settings and lens etc to take your very own kind of fireworks pics.
Who knows?Yours might win the award winning pic instead? :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.