Fireworks/laser display (29 Oct)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 3, 2004
Along Marina Promenade and Esplanade Bridge. Show starts from 2000h. CDL and AIG Global Investment showcasing their new skyscraper. Actually it's being built, can see from my 34th storey.

Check out today's Straits Times Home first page.

hmmmmmm gd time to test out my D100 on fireworks!!!!! :D

so where u work? i can see from my 41st floor also..republic plaza..where is a good spot u recommed to take the pics? me never try firework b4..plse advise..tks

Cool! Will go for the shoot! heeee!!!

keithjhee said:
so where u work? i can see from my 41st floor also..republic plaza..where is a good spot u recommed to take the pics? me never try firework b4..plse advise..tks

wha can we go wif u to 41st floor too ?

but shooting thru windows a bit difficult sometimes (Reflections and focusing issues)

but i'm a newbie, what do i know ? :D

duckizz said:
wha can we go wif u to 41st floor too ?

but shooting thru windows a bit difficult sometimes (Reflections and focusing issues)

but i'm a newbie, what do i know ? :D
Unker, focus at infinity la, where got people AF for fireworks one... :kok:

hahahahaha

aiyah that time i din manage to take mah.. i fired my d70 b4 the fireworks rem ? :)

Hmm....they never say where will they be firing. It should be viewable from Esplanade bridge. Best spot should be Marina Promenade that area from the looks of it. I am not sure what is the quality of fireworks and the height, so will be blocked from my office.

cannot come my office lah..i tried taking nite view from my office also..difficult due t0 reflections from the lights in the office..also coz of window size also hard to take a wide view..me also newbie..not sure to take from my office or go down to the durian there to take..

other than manual focus, can anyone advise wat is recommended setting? wat Av, Tv, metering mode i shd use?

me will be using 10D, most prob shooting RAW.

tks in advance

Hey Keith, you can do a search on "fireworks". Lots of info here been discussed. :) Good luck.

2100 said:
Hey Keith, you can do a search on "fireworks". Lots of info here been discussed. :) Good luck.

tks tks..actually my view here is staring right the the plot of land for the new buldings..hmm..am considering to do a series of shots to show the different stage of building progress..

else go to the spot by the bridge where the last fireworks fired off from.

where espn went

duckizz said:
else go to the spot by the bridge where the last fireworks fired off from.

where espn went
That's an ideal place only if you have a car dude... else.... :eek:

can't find the news on the site, can provide more info >?

Check out the advertisement on Home section, today's straits time. Cannot miss the half page blue advert.

i nv buy Straits Times.. -.-" haha.. nvm, let us know the time and place (more detailed), interested to go take photos for fun !! :)...

Flyingpig said:
what time is it?
read first post, 8pm start.

anyone has info on exact location of the firing point?

calisc said:
Check out the terms and conditions of the contest........ dun think I wanna take part but might go and just shoot for fun.

http://www.cdl.com.sg/cdl2.nsf/default_flash.asp#

7. All entries are non-returnable. The organizers reserve the right to reproduce the images or use them for publication in all media, publicity and exhibition purposes.

:thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.