Fireworks for 8, 9 and 14 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny

Nov 13, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
Visit site
Hi guys,

Any idea if the firing location will be the same for the next three show as the one on the 6th? Seem like there is speculation that the one on the 8th and 14th is the same but the one on the 9th is near the padang (off the water in front of fullerton).

Cheers,

benny said:
Hi guys,

Any idea if the firing location will be the same for the next three show as the one on the 6th? Seem like there is speculation that the one on the 8th and 14th is the same but the one on the 9th is near the padang (off the water in front of fullerton).

Cheers,
The one on August 9th is confirmed plus guarantee fired from Marina Bay and the Esplanade Bridge. The other two days...well....we just hope its at the same location as yesterday's? ;)

Does that mean on 9th of august... the there will be two slots of fireworks firing at the same place? platform near esplanade? and where will the fireworks be fired on the 14th? coz i was blocked by trees on the bridge for the 8th one! damn pissed!

erm.. abit blur. When you all say Marina Bay, where exactly is it?
Does it mean if we're standing at the esplanade, there will be fireworks on our left and right? :dunno:

Hongwen said:
What about the one on 9th of august? low level fireworks ?

it's in front of the merlion

Guys, I think there are just too much confusion about where is marina bay and where is marina etc ... Maybe we should come out with a standard chart/map to put down all our confusion or if not, probably we should use "the waters near the Merlion"

So does that meant that there will only be one firing tonight? and thats the NDP fireworks? i think the timing given on the brochure from the carnival is wrong...

2 Firings.

First Firing: approx 8.00pm-8.10pm (Actual NDP fireworks)
Second Firing: approx 9.00pm (low level fireworks as per brochure)

Change of timing again?

Well, since the website states "It will be a smaller scale display in compliments with the parade at Padang and celebrations at Heartlands."

I assume it may be together with the NDP firworks. Meaning no need to stay until 9pm I guess.

Magix88 said:
2 Firings.

First Firing: approx 8.00pm-8.10pm (Actual NDP fireworks)
Second Firing: approx 9.00pm (low level fireworks as per brochure)

so many guesses...

so it this wat it is confirm ??

ie.. NDP FF face merlion, then SFF face the other sea leading to sea ??

wa pian.. chimmmm.... :D

anyone going???

Today is NDP ... therefore the main theme will be NDP fireworks. I personally will be more eager to take the actual NDP fireworks rather than the supporting fireworks (should they fire from another location). If the supporting fireworks are fired near or at the same site of the actual NDP fireworks it will be a bonus.

Actual NDP fireworks firing site is on a barge infront of the 21 Gun salute firing point which is somewhere in front Merlion. Just point your camera the direction the Merlion is spitting if you are at Fullerton. :bsmilie:

k3nn3th03 said:
so many guesses...

so it this wat it is confirm ??

ie.. NDP FF face merlion, then SFF face the other sea leading to sea ??

wa pian.. chimmmm.... :D

Murcielago said:
anyone going???

I'm going for sure. Will be aiming from the Sheare's bridge towards the cityscape.

Today is the DAY ... so have to be abit kiasu to go there early to "chop" my favourite spot with almost no virbrations on the Benjamin Sheare's bridge.

Yes. Except the barge might be shifted a little left, right, front or backwards.

Here's a photo for you. See the barge (flat bed boat) there? Thats the firing point.

F10000031.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.