Status
Not open for further replies.

wykhoo

Mar 31, 2004
Sembawang
May i know where is the fire location ? for fireworks 2005 :bigeyes:
looking a place to take some photos

Thanks

Fireworks will be fired from marina south according to this map (courtesy of streetdirectory.com and the official ndp site. So if we're positioning on sheares bridge, does it mean we have to be facing the side of the bridge opposite to the city skyline?

maps.jpg

alftan said:
From this picture comfirm that firework will fire from Marina South.

map_small.jpg

Bigger picture over here

not sure if this help...

i jus drive along ECP ( towards AYE ) and at the exit to marina south and ECP ( towards Fort Road ).. both are close.. there are army pple there ... i reckon the firing site would be on a barge since i cannot see the barge that shoot the fireworks for preview at the usual location...

anyway, hope this help.. anyone got more confirm answer... do put it here...

thanks...

is it possible to drive to marina and park in there? are the roads closed?

Seriously I feel a better place to view/shoot without going to Marina South is at the spot where Singapore River and Kallang River meets. Other than that, you may wanna try your luck walking towards the opposite reclaim land site opposite Marina South.

Any last min gathering to shoot from anywhere? Getting out after the fireworks at Marina South may be a problem with all the crowd waiting for the bus service.

Canew said:
Wonder if the fireworks can be viewed from the Esplanade?

Views anyone?

I got a feeling half the people here are at the wrong position, judging from the number of people I saw on the opposite side of the shore from where I was. I managed to double confirm the location by going there early and asking the soldiers at the info booths in the carnival itself. Too bad cant confirm this earlier so that all of us can enjoy the show...

After the relatively "unknown" fireworks location on the 6Aug. Just wish to check, on the 8 Aug, is the firing point same as the 6 Aug? How to get up to the other side of the shears bridge? anyone can advice? :dunno:

sweat100 said:
After the relatively "unknown" fireworks location on the 6Aug. Just wish to check, on the 8 Aug, is the firing point same as the 6 Aug? How to get up to the other side of the shears bridge? anyone can advice? :dunno:

Yah ... I would like to know too.
I screwed up today ... thought it would be fired from the usual location. :cry:

Do you guys want to shoot from the bridge or along the water's edge opposite the firing point?

Mon 8th Aug 2005 (midnight)

Any transportation to go back home ? like mrt?
The fire location is it same as 06-aug-2005 or not ?

Thanks

Hi wykhoo,

i just called the ndp enqiury line and officer on the phone confirmed that the firing point for today and 14th will be the same as the one on 6th.

The one on National Day itself will be the platform opp marina square.

Hope this will help you guys!;) <Myself got screwed on the 6th - thought it was from the platform opp marina square and ended hardly seeing anything:sweat: >

Rui said:
Hi wykhoo,

i just called the ndp enqiury line and officer on the phone confirmed that the firing point for today and 14th will be the same as the one on 6th.

The one on National Day itself will be the platform opp marina square.

Hope this will help you guys!;) <Myself got screwed on the 6th - thought it was from the platform opp marina square and ended hardly seeing anything:sweat: >

Thanks Rui,

wykhoo, you're welcome. :)

Now i only hope i dun get screwed by the officer on the phone.. Heehee. :sweat:

Wish you guys out there good shooting tonight. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.