Firework at VIVO

oh.. ok ok thanks !! I will try to get a place there thanks :)

Lens, Tripod, Remote, Kiasu (eg. fireworks start at 8pm u at there at 8am just kidding.)
But i think just be there early, walk around and see what is the best view ur camera with the desired lens(not you) can get den camp there and wait. Not sure if can check with the info counter where is the exact place of the fireworks thou.

I thought is 9 pm?

Anyway, I was there last year... what I did was after work straight away go there... go Carl's junior to ta bao... then go find a place to camp liaoz.. If the fireworks is at the usual location it will be near the central portion facing the sea...

Hi everyone, I am still very new here.. so sorry if I post at the wrong place =X
Just like to share this with all club Snappers =)
Vivocity is having firework, anyone can guide me what is the best view or what is needed to take good picture for firework shoot ?

http://wheregotsale.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/firework-at-vivocity-this-is-not-a-sale/

You will find all your answers here.

back from the fireworks,
it was overly smoky!!!
even just viewing, it wasn't pleasant, let alone taking photos.
Most of the fireworks were covered up by the huge amount of smoke. due to the lack of wind I suppose.

but the way the fireworks fall off is great :thumbsup:
I think if there was some wind to blow of the smoke, it would have been an awesome display

Last edited:
back from the fireworks,
it was overly smoky!!!
even just viewing, it wasn't pleasant, let alone taking photos.
Most of the fireworks were covered up by the huge amount of smoke. due to the lack of wind I suppose.

but the way the fireworks fall off is great :thumbsup:
I think if there was some wind to blow of the smoke, it would have been an awesome display

HI wdEvA, I was at Vivo just now too... alot of my pictures was too smoky...

Care to share some of your shots?

boonkiatkoo78@gmail.com

Same here man, I even have to stop shooting for a while as there's nothing decent to shoot.
Now I'm deciding to either delete it all or pass it through Photoshop :thumbsd:

I got a few interesting shot where they fire the fireworks higher and lighted up the smoke so you have firework above colored "clouds". Shot in raw and won't be free recently to process it. Gotten a spot where the lower fireworks gotten block by some tree on the right :(

Good to see a lot of people attend the firework shooting..:)

Just share one of my shot..

5224034860_941d0c8f47_b.jpg

Nice shot bro, how do you get that? I only got smoky sky, can barely see the sparks....disappointed :(

Good to see a lot of people attend the firework shooting..:)

Just share one of my shot..

5224034860_941d0c8f47_b.jpg

HI there,

This is a very nice instead, want to know what is the settings you used.

HI there,

This is a very nice instead, want to know what is the settings you used.

Glad to know that you like the picture.

I'm using manual mode with following setting: Aperture:f/10, Shutter:2 sec and ISO:100.

Glad to know that you like the picture.

I'm using manual mode with following setting: Aperture:f/10, Shutter:2 sec and ISO:100.

Thanks...

May I know what lens you were using? Looks like you are using a Full frame body?

I'm using 7D which is crop body 1.6x and combo by UWA lens 10-22mm..:)

Hmmm... THanks for the info... Damn I need one of those wide lens...