Firework 12th feb 2006


Status
Not open for further replies.

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
Did not bring tripod and had to use a ledge near merlion for these shots.
Please bear with the smokes.:bsmilie:
#1

#2

#3
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
#4

#5

#6 (Happy Valentine to all CSers,although the love is upside down):sweatsm:
 

S11loop

Senior Member
Feb 11, 2005
3,530
3
38
Pasir Ris
no tripod u serious ? anyway composition and point of view is not boring and repeating like some :)
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
S11loop said:
no tripod u serious ? anyway composition and point of view is not boring and repeating like some :)
Hi,yes no tripod as just finish a dinner somewhere there.
i saw your firework pics and like your unique composition.
i choose a rather safe spot.:)
 

acidbyte

Senior Member
zaxh81 said:
Did not bring tripod and had to use a ledge near merlion for these shots.
Please bear with the smokes.:bsmilie:

#2
Cool! We have the same shot but mine is taken from the bridge. Wanted to go down to the Merlion area but saw the massive crowd there.

 

S11loop

Senior Member
Feb 11, 2005
3,530
3
38
Pasir Ris
zaxh81 said:
Hi,yes no tripod as just finish a dinner somewhere there.
i saw your firework pics and like your unique composition.
i choose a rather safe spot.:)
hi thanks , yr spot is good and i was trying a different one to make up for my own collection :)
 

John Tan

Senior Member
Aug 28, 2004
5,711
0
36
AMK
S11loop said:
no tripod u serious ? anyway composition and point of view is not boring and repeating like some :)
This prove that it is not crucial to have a good tripod...using the heaviest cam in Canon series on the lightest tripod.
 

John Tan

Senior Member
Aug 28, 2004
5,711
0
36
AMK
zaxh81 said:
Did not bring tripod and had to use a ledge near merlion for these shots.
Please bear with the smokes.:bsmilie:
#1

#2

#3
Nice colour...
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
nt bad...sum more no tripod...my only nit pick is that the merlion diverts the attention....i got some pretty similar pics too:D


anw whats your setting for #1 so nice...ur fireworks open until just nice-chio chio:)
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
acidbyte said:
Cool! We have the same shot but mine is taken from the bridge. Wanted to go down to the Merlion area but saw the massive crowd there.
wow,it's almost identical.:bigeyes:
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
John Tan said:
This prove that it is not crucial to have a good tripod...using the heaviest cam in Canon series on the lightest tripod.
Hi john,i did saw you on the 10th (friday) when firework just ended,seem like you are rushing off with your friend,hope to learn from you someday.:)
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
seanlim said:
nt bad...sum more no tripod...my only nit pick is that the merlion diverts the attention....i got some pretty similar pics too:D


anw whats your setting for #1 so nice...ur fireworks open until just nice-chio chio:)
Thanks Sean,My setting is F16 on bulb mode,maybe because 1st firework no smoke so it's better,i regret not opening shutter longer on the 1st pic.
Yes the merlion is distracting,will try to improve framing better next time.:)
 

John Tan

Senior Member
Aug 28, 2004
5,711
0
36
AMK
zaxh81 said:
Hi john,i did saw you on the 10th (friday) when firework just ended,seem like you are rushing off with your friend,hope to learn from you someday.:)
Oh we can always exchange tips...I think u have great control on firework...will share my firework pic once I have select the Hongbao river series & the bridal show
 

eow

Senior Member
Jun 22, 2004
10,111
7
38
All taken without tripod? impressive!:thumbsup:
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
eow said:
All taken without tripod? impressive!:thumbsup:
Thanks for your comment.
i also heng there's a ledge nearby for me to rest my cam there.:)
i love your fashion show shoots.:heart:
 

mohgui

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2005
1,294
0
0
La La Land
nice series you've got there. however, the people in the foreground really spoil the otherwise super shots.
 

S11loop

Senior Member
Feb 11, 2005
3,530
3
38
Pasir Ris
i think that the human element in the foreground makes the picture looks more lively and really vibrant :)
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
mohgui said:
nice series you've got there. however, the people in the foreground really spoil the otherwise super shots.
Thanks mohgui,i also have some in my gallery without people from 3rd feb 2006
here is one,also without tripod
 

stonefish35

New Member
Mar 26, 2005
882
0
0
wah, tripodless, still so good. impressive.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.