Status
Not open for further replies.

khairi

Apr 6, 2004
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
Firewerks Handheld
Photos by Khairi

I was having tots of shooting firewerks handheld...most say try your luck, some said that i was crazy, but i told them that it's actually possible. So let me present to you guys, here in CS...my first ever firewerks shots...handheld! No joke and no PS too but needs to crop lah.

camera: yashica electro 35 gsn - rangefinder
cam setting: 45mm, F1.7, 1/10-1/30, infinity
film: Fuji Superia 400
shooting angle: to capture no crowd/some crowd/crowds with firewerks.

05.jpg
04.jpg

03.jpg
01.jpg

02.jpg

say what you like...i'm here to listen...

I'm have no doubt that that could be done, but I'm sure a tripod can help you get rid of the blurring due to handshake and expose for a longer time for more fireworks and longer streaks.

I would definately use a tripod, cos I don't want to waste money on film and processing, and I certainly don't want to regret not taking better pictures when I have the opportunity to.

Yildun said:
I'm have no doubt that that could be done, but I'm sure a tripod can help you get rid of the blurring due to handshake and expose for a longer time for more fireworks and longer streaks.

I would definately use a tripod, cos I don't want to waste money on film and processing, and I certainly don't want to regret not taking better pictures when I have the opportunity to.
yeah it looked blur in here...but not in the print out...it is sharp :D...the first looks blur due to the DOF, not handshake

SniperD: the F1.7 was a stunt that i had in mind. DOF was a gamble :D

Your fireworks may look ok even when u handheld.........
but when u include the ppl in your pic...... u can see the blur image of the ppl......
If u had not include the ppl....... ur fireworks will look sharp even if u handheld...... becos its only streaks of lights.......
And hor...... what for u wanna try handheld?? u r no hero even if ur shots is great......
the only thing is u get more flexibility......
But if u ask an expert who has been taking photos for over 5/10/20 years.... they would also recommend that you use a tripod......

Annery said:
but when u include the ppl in your pic...... u can see the blur image of the ppl......
If u had not include the ppl....... ur fireworks will look sharp even if u handheld...... becos its only streaks of lights.......
And hor...... what for u wanna try handheld?? u r no hero even if ur shots is great......
But if u ask an expert who has been taking photos for over 5/10/20 years.... they would also recommend that you use a tripod......

Tripod is neccessary but then
there are conditions that you can't setup tripod at all and make do with it
And here, at least he shown handheld is possible to certain extent. :)
Blur image of pple might be cause by their movement too.

Annery said:
AIYO...i dun wan to be a HERO lah...just want to try out this available light idea that i have. Aiyah...leceh giler lah korang nie. bla bla bla...flexibility is my aim and i wasnt keen in doing what others were doing. so this was the experiment that i had in mind.

diggity dang! this is boring!!!!

aiyah give him a break lah. he's just showing what can be done, not saying his shots are the best. it may encourage others who think they don't have good-enough equipment

Looks good la.. In fact much much better than i would expect from handheld

khairi said:
AIYO...i dun wan to be a HERO lah...just want to try out this available light idea that i have. Aiyah...leceh giler lah korang nie. bla bla bla...flexibility is my aim and i wasnt keen in doing what others were doing. so this was the experiment that i had in mind.

diggity dang! this is boring!!!!

Frankly, your shots are REFRESHING simply because almost every other shot from others display a high degree of technical expertise, i.e., sharp sharp, long streaks etc. :(

For the first time in my life, I actually started getting bored looking at so many superb fireworks shots!

Your shots, on the other hand, contain an element of 'life', excitement and vigour...possibly due to some of the 'blurness' induced by handholding your cam.

May be some of them could be better with a little more 'blur'!

Cheers!

p.s. Iam not posting this to deride technical excellence, but sometimes, we have to step back in order to move forward. That having been said, is in no way an excuse for technical sloppiness...unless deliberately intended. :D

Again, cheers! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.