Firefox sucks? with NIS2006 & Clubsnap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
hehe... i know i post in wrong section... paiseh...

Eh, how come when i use Firefox with Clubsnap, i get frequent 'hanging' syndrome...

and after i install NIS2006, even worse... the emoticons become the border for quotes, and pics of avatar become health... etc..

which other browser is compatible with CS? or NIS? .... .... ..... IE?

Me using FF 1.5.0.1 with Orbit Theme + 1-ClickWeather/Colorful Tab extension on my home/office/laptop all ok.

FF works great for me, best browser I ever used on the Windows platform. You might wanna reinstall with latest version.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

Eh, how come when i use Firefox with Clubsnap, i get frequent 'hanging' syndrome...

and after i install NIS2006, even worse... the emoticons become the border for quotes, and pics of avatar become health... etc..

FF works great for me. Did not "hang" at CS.

Firefox is the best browser ever created
And I'm using it ...

Works well for me here and most of the sites! :D

You maybe want to try out IE Tab plug-in. You can switch to IE rendering even in the tabs of Firefox for those few sites that doesn't work.

I never used NIS before, but why not try disabling it and try again.
The only plug-in that I tried before that will cause hanging sometimes is FasterFox

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

i use firefox all the time, hasnt hanged once, weird :dunno:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
must be the orbit theme... where u get that orbit theme?
Where else? addons.mozilla.org

My FF works perfectly fine on CS. As well as other sites, except for some, gotta use IE then can browse or load.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

I use FF too and it is fine BUT if you have upgrade it to version 1.5..becareful of the add-on stuff. Some of them don't work or can screw up your F.F...you might need to get to some of those add-on's own website to look for a newer version of it to use in version 1.5 of Firefox. Some of the add-on also comes with warning notice too that it can or can not be use in verson 1.5.

Caomhin said:
Any window I open in CS gets opened in MSIE even tho I am using FF.
Anybody know why?
:dunno:

Care to explain that clearer? Thus far when I am using Firefox to surf all the sites including CS..even if I click a link, firefox just opening a new tab window for it in firefox. Never heard of anyone clicking a link in a firefox browser and it inturn pops open the link page using MSIE.

You might need to disable IE from check if IE is default browser. That might help ensure that if you click or type in a url in the RUN prompt, XP will select firefox to open your url.

Caomhin said:
Any window I open in CS gets opened in MSIE even tho I am using FF.
Anybody know why?
:dunno:

could you check if FF is your default browser?

Put a long story short - NIS is a resource hog and bloatware.

Get something better eg. AVG antivirus and AdAware would do the job well enough.

I'm using 1.5.0.1 with Adblock/fasterfox/IE tab/flashget .. no issues.

with firefox, the latest version, i got even more funny problems now... and now all the sites have linkage problem... the picture goes haywire like have smilie as borders, icons misplaced, etc... dunno y... and can't see any pictures even thou i have disable firewall over firefox... haiz...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
with firefox, the latest version, i got even more funny problems now... and now all the sites have linkage problem... the picture goes haywire like have smilie as borders, icons misplaced, etc... dunno y... and can't see any pictures even thou i have disable firewall over firefox... haiz...
most likely connection slow ba... firefox display while load... not like IE... or try formatting ur PC:bsmilie: or restore ghost if you have one...:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.