Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongsien

Mar 11, 2002
Hong Kong
Visit site
I am facing a little problem using Firefox, since a week ago or so, everytime I click the 'Back' button on the browser too fast, it crashes! Strange thing is that it only happens with Clubsnap pages! With other sites, it never happens............is it the browser? Could it be something to do with java? I did update java recently, as I was having problems going into my banks site........

Hong Sien

Click slowly. Don't kan chiong.

hongsien said:
I am facing a little problem using Firefox, since a week ago or so, everytime I click the 'Back' button on the browser too fast, it crashes! Strange thing is that it only happens with Clubsnap pages! With other sites, it never happens............is it the browser? Could it be something to do with java? I did update java recently, as I was having problems going into my banks site........

Hong Sien
A little OT....

Wad gives u the need to click the back button so fast? :embrass:

Use mozilla, Firefox is quite buggy somehow.

whoelse said:
Use mozilla, Firefox is quite buggy somehow.
huh? i thought its mozilla firefox v:dunno:

dont use firefox.
use opera

hongsien said:

Hong Sien

if you want to back track to many pages before, just click the small 'down' arrow at the immediate right side of the back button, a list of pages visited before in the same window will be displayed. click on the desired page. finish.

kahheng said:
Click slowly. Don't kan chiong.
Can't show those girlie pics from Clubsnappie to my old eyes! Need to somehow clear them from the screen fast.........

HS

hongsien said:
Can't show those girlie pics from Clubsnappie to my old eyes! Need to somehow clear them from the screen fast.........

HS

Try clearing your cache.

Tools > Options... > Click Clear for Cache.

hongsien said:

HS

You're a virtuous man. I am proud to know you.

user111 said:
dont use firefox.
use opera

Don't know if you guys experience this problem, but I used to use opera and it slowly eats up system resources until the computer lags/hangs.

The windows task manager would show that 100% usage of system resources. Went to check opera and found that quite a few users had the same problems. I never solved it so I gave up on it.

BTW, is your firefox "modded" heavily? i.e. a lot of extensions and themes added? You can try create a new profile start over. It should be quite stable otherwise.

yihyng said:
Don't know if you guys experience this problem, but I used to use opera and it slowly eats up system resources until the computer lags/hangs.

The windows task manager would show that 100% usage of system resources. Went to check opera and found that quite a few users had the same problems. I never solved it so I gave up on it.

BTW, is your firefox "modded" heavily? i.e. a lot of extensions and themes added? You can try create a new profile start over. It should be quite stable otherwise.
The thing is that I never had this problem months ago, only since a two weeks ago or so it started to behave this way.......I don't have anything linked to it, only a list of bookmarks. That shouldn't be a reason..........strange thing is thatit only happen with Clubsnap.........maybe I am lurking too many times into Clubsnap? :)

HS

hongsien said:
The thing is that I never had this problem months ago, only since a two weeks ago or so it started to behave this way.......I don't have anything linked to it, only a list of bookmarks. That shouldn't be a reason..........strange thing is thatit only happen with Clubsnap.........maybe I am lurking too many times into Clubsnap? :)

HS

Did you try clearing your cache, cookies and temp files? Sometimes it could be dued to that. Like what Dilbert said, a classic case of computer rot.

Drudkh said:
use IE, no such problem. ;p
Thought Firefox is safer for ebanking.........thats the reason I am using it. Will clear cache.........but dont think its that, it only happens with one site, and not with others...........and I already switch off avatars for Clubsnap, but those smilies not (yet)....

HS

I have given up, from now on I will use IE for Clubsnap, and at the same time use Firefox for other sites.........and it also happens when I click it slow.......

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.