Firedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterChun

Nov 18, 2007
first time trying a fire poi with my friend at my hall.

using 50mm prime on a 20D with shutter priority from 0.5 up to 2secs for pretty trails! Wish i had a huge black canvas to cover the background lights though..

50mm had to get to a very uncomfortable distance and still zoomed too near, but I wanted the F1.8.. will using a more comfortable zoom lens with higher F stop affect my image? Let me know what you guys think.
Also please advice on any improvement possible for framing or the angle to shoot from. This was about 1.5ft from the ground.. Thanks!

firepoi2280.jpg

please note that critique request is limited to 1 image per week.

extra images have been removed.

Hmm. Quite interesting. Wonder how you are able to do it and get away with it.

The only thing is that it is not in focus?

its in focus but the whole body is moving to 'siam' the flames so most shots have motion blur

think this kinda picture would then concentrate on forming nice patterns instead of having a sharp subject...

anyway during this shoot my friend burnt a bit of hair (kerosene dripped on head) and his shoulder (fireball whack him)..

Hmm... during the last art fest at Esplanade, there was a couple of performance like this also. Maybe work on the backdrop? Can try interesting effects. I would like to see how the flames be adjusted into different colors in Photoshop. Maybe make them blue or purple.

Just 2 cents worth.

okay i'll find a nicer backdrop next time round and see what i can do to the flames...
theres actually a method to mix the fuel to burn in different colours.. but its poisonous! haha..

lol i dint want my shirt or any loose part of my clothing to catch fire!!
gotta wear proper shoes next time tho, might trip on slippers.

ya better attire. No reason why you should worry about getting burnt if the ultimate aim is a good picture.

My critique would be a worthless effort if the most basic is not right. Attire, backdrop ... sorry bro, i tink you should submit something with at least some thought put into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.