(Fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
Shot on same day as Matsuri dance.

She was suppose to be the Fire in this dance, hence, i pop in the red gel for the backdrop.

this was one of the sharpest midair jump shot i had for the day,
and this was one of my favourite pics i've seen so far (i havent had the chance to upload the rest into my com).

setup: 1 big octagonal softbox to my right, fill light was barn doors reflected on 2 meter bookend.

hope you pals like it.:)

478414246_42d44f4d4e_o.jpg

added one:
489877543_90c59ddcdb_o.jpg

Well, I sure like it! =)

I think this is even better than the last series you posted.

great shot!

what are you trying to portray?

i assume that since your theme is fire, u wanna portray something related to fire?

the expression of the model is serene and in fact almost expressionless, is this how fire is to u? i dunno, but i was expecting to see more angst and edge in the model's expression.i guess its a matter of interpretation.

lighting of the background seems funny, although that may be your intended effect. wld prefer if you didnt throw the light on the right as it made the backdrop "split" in 2 different colors. and so happen, it split right in the middle of the model.then again, it may be intended.

sorry,but just my honest thoughts upon seeing the image.doesnt work for me.

technically well executed,but doesnt fit ur theme.

jeanie, you take it another notch up with this one!! what can we expect next.
The third one in your previous thread was a drop but this one takes it step higher again.
The warm of the red background is very nice...

jeanie, you take it another notch up with this one!! what can we expect next.
The third one in your previous thread was a drop but this one takes it step higher again.
The warm of the red background is very nice...

wat michael really means is can we have less clothing ?

Oh ... After i see this pix , i dun find anithing related to fire ( other than the lighting ... )
Jus my 0.2 cents of comments .. :)

I think this is technically good, but aesthetically somewhat lacking. I was expecting to see more "flowy" clothing, something like liquid on fire. Like wat wainism said, the expression is also lacking the certain characteristics needed. Maybe if you have another light, you could have a red-orange gradient light too. Overall, it's definitely an improvement.

I concur with what wainism and splutter has mentioned..
actually there is a very easy solution..just change the title to something else more appropriate and it will work!

To me, this is really a great mid-air shot. The caption didn't quite tie with the intent. Nevertheless, it's a beautiful and elegant shot. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh ... After i see this pix , i dun find anithing related to fire ( other than the lighting ... )
Jus my 0.2 cents of comments .. :)

the way the model was captured in mid air... does look like the chinese character for "fire"... very nicely pix... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Those dangling stuffs definitely is looking funny and distracting. :bsmilie:

Fire is fierce and red hot.
Prefer the dancer to dye her hair red and have some makeup on
her face to make her look more fierce.
Or maybe wearing a mask. You know those type of Japanese change face art ??

Agrees with others that your pictures are getting better and better. :thumbsup:
Hope to see more ;)

Let me guess....The photographer is trying to protray the word 火 with the model in the image. If you look closely, the model with her action resembles the word 火. Got it?

NIce pic, 1 of ur best yet :D keep on jia yu.

Let me guess....The photographer is trying to protray the word 火 with the model in the image. If you look closely, the model with her action resembles the word 火. Got it?

i was just waiting patiently for someone to 'see' the link.(her pose, as well as the chinese character of fire)
i'm very glad i wasnt dissapointed.:thumbsup:

i really dont give a hoot about her expression in this pic because..... can you imagine if i ask her to look fierce?firey?angry?:what: wont it kill the pic?i dont know.i just cant imagine.

anyway, there are many types of fires.forest fires(fierce)...cooking stove fire(which is docile):bsmilie:
but of course, i definitely welcome the feedback very much.Though some i may agree, some, i wont.

i didnt made up the 'fire' theme.
It is indeed a dance by her in which she's suppose to portray fire with her costume.i have another series of shots wih 'water'.i havent upload into the com yet.

thanks for the compliments from those who generously gave.i really work hard, at least, for this passion of mine.i just hope it wont die down so fast...

meanwhile, i'll definitely share my works with you pals.

keep the comments flowing please.

take my comments as a pinch of salt.. just my personal opinion that i would prefer to shoot from a lower angle and leave a bit more space below..

good try though.. it takes alot of patience for acheiving such shots in studio.. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.