Fire Works on May 1st @ Esplanade

Status
Not open for further replies.
you all intend to shoot only fireworks or fireworks with background.

i think fireworks with BG better right? the empty field at sheares good?

Kavana said:
i think fireworks with BG better right? the empty field at sheares good?
woot!!!
what a great idea..
other than it's quieter, but yeah, with BG would be wonderful!!!
heh forgive me, gonna be my 1st time, so a bit more excited..

be gentle...

hi all, i will definitely be at the open field if i can make it for the firework that day. it had always been my best spot for fishing...night phototaking...night time buayas-ing and a place to de-stress!
that whole stretch of open field is more than 300m, sure more than enough space for everyone to park.

Hey, what i need to bring along, no experience lah. Oso no remote leh.

LifeWorld said:
Remote shutter. :D

Yes, that is for fz20 users...

but sadly for fz10 users.... better for you guys to press the shutter, than to set the 2 sec timer... bloody hard to time the fireworks using timer.

side track abit,

May i ask where to get remote shutter? is it DIY, third party or panasonic accessaries.
Thinking of getting the panasonic one if there is and if the pricing is right.
Thks in advance! Might try to make it for my 1st PLUG

TLC said:
side track abit,

May i ask where to get remote shutter? is it DIY, third party or panasonic accessaries.
Thinking of getting the panasonic one if there is and if the pricing is right.
Thks in advance! Might try to make it for my 1st PLUG

I assume your using a fz20?? cos fz10 does not have remote shutter port.

Panasonic has remote for fz20, and LC1, same one. availability unknown... seems like its bundled with the LC1, and so you might try to buy it off an LC1 user.

alternatively, JimDavis aka George Tan has lobang to bring in 3rd party accessories from Phayee. He recently brought in the remotes. works the same as the original pana ones, can half press to focus and full press to shoot. good and cheap. do check it out with him.

rhair78 said:
- Tripod
- spare batts
- spare SD cards
- a torchlight to see your stuff in the darkness

Most important i think, raincoat, umbrella or plastic bag to protect equipment depending on weather condition.
because if really shooting at open field area, no shelter

Empty field at sheares is a good place i think.
Hope it doesn't rain....haha.
Any one want to organize this? Decide in the time and place to meet and post it on the PLUG notice board? Or should i do it? ;)

Any more that would like to go?

1) unseen
2) donchua
3) Kavana (Maybe)
4) Josephteo548
5)
6)
7)
8)

rhair78 said:

Panasonic has remote for fz20, and LC1, same one. availability unknown... seems like its bundled with the LC1, and so you might try to buy it off an LC1 user.

alternatively, JimDavis aka George Tan has lobang to bring in 3rd party accessories from Phayee. He recently brought in the remotes. works the same as the original pana ones, can half press to focus and full press to shoot. good and cheap. do check it out with him.

yea...

get from JD..

try the remote out at East Coast for sun rise..

one word to describe ---> GOOD..!!!! :thumbsup:

can half depress 1st , then press...

:bsmilie:

rhair78 said:

Yup....Thanks for the introduction.

I do still have some quantity left over, those who are interested can PM me.

I may go there shoot shoot on May day too, not confirm yet...but certainly will make sure that whoever wants it will get it before May day... :)

rhair78 said:
- Tripod
- spare batts
- spare SD cards
- a torchlight to see your stuff in the darkness

the place is sooo dark.. anyway, i guess ur eye ball would have adapt to the darkness by then..

jus watch out for the particles falling from the sky from the fireworks if the wind is blowing to ur directions..

the last time, the place is on fire due to the particles.. :bigeyes:

anyway, its a good place..

i always go there when there is fireworks on.. ;)

k3nn3th03 said:
the place is sooo dark.. anyway, i guess ur eye ball would have adapt to the darkness by then..

jus watch out for the particles falling from the sky from the fireworks if the wind is blowing to ur directions..

the last time, the place is on fire due to the particles.. :bigeyes:

anyway, its a good place..

i always go there when there is fireworks on.. ;)

on fire? wah that would even be better.. I would then have even more exciting shots than just fireworks...
maybe i'll bring some kerosene along.. just to help things along.. :p

woot... go joseph... organise this.. I can help. :thumbsup:

unseen said:
on fire? wah that would even be better.. I would then have even more exciting shots than just fireworks...

Ok then, i will go for it. Thanks for offering to help.
I will start a new thread then, and start a new round of invitation, see whether anyone esle would want to attend this outing.

unseen said:

shiok Abstract: Photographers dancing in fire :bsmilie:

Eh....if meet at cityhall mrt ok? say 6.30? Just wanted to ask here first before put in new thread. Suggestions on where to meet and timing welcome. Though i cant make it that early, can make about 5.30 onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.