'Fire? Sparks?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, instead of the usual fireworks, or the usual shots taken at a BBQ, I tried something different this time. And here they go. (all shots shot at ISO 800, speed 1/5 and below, handheld)

echo2zero

Feb 20, 2009
how did you get the BBQ pit to spark like that?

echo2zero

Feb 20, 2009
haha Will give it a try...
thanks again for sharing..

LexLim

Feb 25, 2009
Gombak
Looking good! careful though, dun get any of those spark on ur camera *or anything expensive*

lennyl

Mar 27, 2008
Northern California
Looking good! careful though, dun get any of those spark on ur camera *or anything expensive*
I'd be more worried about the smoke... but cool images. I think cropping out the pit could produce some surreal images.

Last edited:
I'd be more worried about the smoke... but cool images. I think cropping out the pit could produce some surreal images.
Ha! No worries about the smoke at all man. If you could capture a great shot, I don't think smoke should dampen what you do in any way. There's a reason why I took the image this way rather than just the sparks alone. Sometimes, when shooting something, I feel that a story or why it is shot that way should be captured. Therefore, the pit in the pic shows you where the sparks are coming from, rather than just sparks. But of course, no harm tryin. =D

cabbySHE

Dec 5, 2008
These sparks, no doubt interesting, however, are uncontrollable....

Tip...use a bunch of joss stick, you've got a choice of sizes too, from small to large or x large like those they use during the seventh month. And you can also choose to use one only or two, three or whole lot. With practice and some planning, can create some useful streaks pattern for montaging usage. If want to be more adventurous, use candle...more flame. Portable welding torch throw more flame. Do it before other does.

Another form of unpredicted light streaks picture will be...

bolt, strap or secure in anyway your camera to...bicycle, motorbike, car or helmet. using the slowest ISO and remote B or T shutter, cycle, ride or drive or walk around some lighted area, but avoid extremely bright area in case might over expose. Should be quite rewarding.

I'd tried setting up the camera in the back seat with sturdy tripod and drive around, drive around bending road will be more interesting than just straight road. Good Luck.

Last edited:
These sparks, no doubt interesting, however, are uncontrollable....

Tip...use a bunch of joss stick, you've got a choice of sizes too, from small to large or x large like those they use during the seventh month. And you can also choose to use one only or two, three or whole lot. With practice and some planning, can create some useful streaks pattern for montaging usage. If want to be more adventurous, use candle...more flame. Portable welding torch throw more flame. Do it before other does.

Another form of unpredicted light streaks picture will be...

bolt, strap or secure in anyway your camera to...bicycle, motorbike, car or helmet. using the slowest ISO and remote B or T shutter, cycle, ride or drive or walk around some lighted area, but avoid extremely bright area in case might over expose. Should be quite rewarding.

I'd tried setting up the camera in the back seat with sturdy tripod and drive around, drive around bending road will be more interesting than just straight road. Good Luck.
The reason of not controlling is the essence of capturing the shot. It's all about capturing that moment never seen again. Photography in that form is certainly different from trying to create something not necessary. =D

cabbySHE

Dec 5, 2008
The reason of not controlling is the essence of capturing the shot. It's all about capturing that moment never seen again. Photography in that form is certainly different from trying to create something not necessary. =D
You've got a point...one and only shot ( that's precious ), sure goes for abstract.

May 25, 2008
cooolness! btw for a moment i thought this was a thread for the 2 hot clubs of the 90's!!! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom