Fingernails - Am I just picky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Thai Bean

Dec 14, 2003
The 3rd Rock
beansproutpics.zenfolio.com
Hi All,

Just an observation on all the photos of the organised model shoots . . .
Did we all forget about the model's fingernails . . . :confused: or am i just picky about these things.

Many of the models do not paint their nails when they come for the photo session. They have very well manitained and manicured nails (no doubt) but i feel a little bit of colours on the nails would be great. Especially when we do closeups that includes the hands . . . Doesn't need to be "ultra" bright colours, but something subtle or some colours would be nice.

Organisers of shoot . . . what are your comments or feel about this?
Photographers . . . what are your comments or feels about this?

:think: :think: :think:

I prefer them not painted. I like them natural. As long as they're manicured, it will be fine for me. Clear-varnished will do.

Importantly, most of them don't make up properly. A lot of time on post processing is taken up because of this.

espn said:
Importantly, most of them don't make up properly. A lot of time on post processing is taken up because of this.

Some organisers will mention professional make-up artist provided, but i feel many times the models are doing their own make-up instead. And sometime in between changes of clothes, they have to do touch-up and we (the photographers) are also rushing them . . .
" Hurry Up . . . we want to shoot some more . . . . " ;p

But frankly, the make-up artist usually do the first round and subsequent touch ups are done by the models themselves (correct me if I m wrong) . . .

:think:

i think french maicure is nice and elegant...

;>
the cheapest french manicure i know is abt 14 bucks...
:p
express service.
hahaha
maybe they can throw it into the model shootz

Long Thai Bean said:
Some organisers will mention professional make-up artist provided, but i feel many times the models are doing their own make-up instead. And sometime in between changes of clothes, they have to do touch-up and we (the photographers) are also rushing them . . .
" Hurry Up . . . we want to shoot some more . . . . " ;p

But frankly, the make-up artist usually do the first round and subsequent touch ups are done by the models themselves (correct me if I m wrong) . . .

:think:

I think the make up part is only extended to the face's powder, foundation, eye shadow etc etc, I'm looking at really hardcore MUA that includes decorations etc etc, as if like doing bridal photography (those who've taken their albums will know what I mean heehee).

And also, make up in the sense of also hair-styling, mostly I find these are all not taken care of by the MUA. It's just powder IMHO. I want more than just powder. After changing, often I don't find the MUA redoing any MU, just touch up, then it really defeats the purpose of MUA.

GanS_n_PoserS said:
Ayumi hamasaki always have very nice painted nails if u notice her photos.. ;)
Her glittering nails is part of her flamboyant image..

that is because she has a personal Manicurist all the time....

her name is Kanako 'Bancho' Miura :thumbsup:

As long as their finger nails are not too bad looking, it should be okie.

Status
Not open for further replies.