Finally~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagalogy

Oct 30, 2007
Juz bought my 40D......Hope those senior able to guide me thru the play time.........;)

Bought $3456......Kit II (include EF 50mm f1.8 + 40L dry cabi + 2GB + 4GB + Canon 3 section tripod + card reader + UV Filter + LCD protector + Image calibrator + cleaning kit + 3rd party battery + additional 2yrs warrenty + FOC creative earpiece (tok **** wif the sale man dan free lor)..........Hope it is a good deal...........

not forgetting 2yr additional warrenty.........

HV at Funan:)

Congrats on the purchase, I just gt the 40D for my wife, it really is an excellent camera. The DIGIC III processor is fantastic as is the metering system.

As for the price, Kit II should be around 2.4k I think, so I can't see how all those extras are worth 1k - sorry to rain on your parade.

Congrats on the purchase, I just gt the 40D for my wife, it really is an excellent camera. The DIGIC III processor is fantastic as is the metering system.

As for the price, Kit II should be around 2.4k I think, so I can't see how all those extras are worth 1k - sorry to rain on your parade.

ya, here's the sum why:

dry cabi: ~100+
2 yrs warranty: ~242
4GB CF: ~90
EF 50F1.8: ~130
Calibrator: ~80
UV Filter: (dep on brand) normal <50
3rd Party Batt: 25 (from SLS)
tripod/2GB CF/Card Reader/Cleaning kit should be leftover freebies or Canon standard promo, hence not counted.
Total Value: max 750

==> overpaid by at least 200 :confused:

Sorry to hijack this thread...i'm intending to get d40 for my bf as a surprise gift. However, i know nuts about photography and am afraid of getting ripped off. I have seen the list of reputable shops and also the price guide but i need to know a few things:

1) what comes in the standard package?
2) do i need the sb-400/dry cab now?
3) what other accessories should i buy?

I'm afraid of being 'chopped' by the retailers... need your help! Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hijack this thread...i'm intending to get d40 for my bf as a surprise gift. However, i know nuts about photography and am afraid of getting ripped off. I have seen the list of reputable shops and also the price guide but i need to know a few things:

I'm afraid of being 'chopped' by the retailers... need your help! Thanks in advance.

Hey .. the d40 ur talking about is from Nikon ?

Cos 40d is from Canon and D40 is from Nikon .. Big price diff ..

better figure out which is th exact model ur looking at .

cheers :)

Bought $3456......Kit II (include EF 50mm f1.8 + 40L dry cabi + 2GB + 4GB + Canon 3 section tripod + card reader + UV Filter + LCD protector + Image calibrator + cleaning kit + 3rd party battery + additional 2yrs warrenty + FOC creative earpiece (tok **** wif the sale man dan free lor)..........Hope it is a good deal...........
You have bought the camera and better dun ask good or bad deal. Time to learn photography and get familise the camera functions.

wrong model, babe. u are looking at the nikon D40. we are discussing abt the canon 40D. u shld be looking at 800 price range for the D40 right now. will come with a standard lens 18-55. don't get him the flashgun and dry cab. ask him to buy his own accessories.

oh dear. this shows how noob i am at this. my apologies!

wrong model, babe. u are looking at the nikon D40. we are discussing abt the canon 40D. u shld be looking at 800 price range for the D40 right now. will come with a standard lens 18-55. don't get him the flashgun and dry cab. ask him to buy his own accessories.

Yeah.. and make sure you don't get charged the price of a 40D. ;p

Nikon D40 kit should be around $800.

oh yes! i realised the HUGE price difference. Hehe I feel rather silly.

oh dear. this shows how noob i am at this. my apologies!

its ok. just be aware of the estimated range when u buy it for him. or get someone to go with u. i would say try TKfoto at shaw or mscolor at amk. may not be the best price around but they generally are pretty honest.

ya, here's the sum why:

dry cabi: ~100+
2 yrs warranty: ~242
4GB CF: ~90
EF 50F1.8: ~130
Calibrator: ~80
UV Filter: (dep on brand) normal <50
3rd Party Batt: 25 (from SLS)
tripod/2GB CF/Card Reader/Cleaning kit should be leftover freebies or Canon standard promo, hence not counted.
Total Value: max 750

==> overpaid by at least 200 :confused:

$200 for the FOC Creative Earpiece...;p

Wah~~~so many comments ah........hahaha.......anyway ald bought it liao....no point feeling regret over the price or watever........the main point is...........muz njoy my Canon 40D hobby or should i say my new toy.....wahahaha........;)

Wah~~~so many comments ah........hahaha.......anyway ald bought it liao....no point feeling regret over the price or watever........the main point is...........muz njoy my Canon 40D hobby or should i say my new toy.....wahahaha........;)

Going to shop for new 40D. Saw the promo at $2899. Hope it's a good buy.

Going to shop for new 40D. Saw the promo at $2899. Hope it's a good buy.

that is the list price...offer to pay cash and bargain with shop...can buy @ 2.4K plus...

Status
Not open for further replies.