Finally, Singapore purchase new Main Battle Tank : Leopard 2A4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that it is heavy, 3 times more heavier than AMX-13.

But I believe SAF should have already study on this already, if not, they would have source for M1A2 or Merkava (70 tons monsters) :cool:

On the bright, it provide more protection, more firepower and more mobility. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the australians traded they leopards for M1 right?

I'd love to see how the Stryker handles Area D. I have the dubious honour of driving an M113 down a slope, while the vehicle is facing up (towards the slope) and running full speed. :nono:

Sigh.

I only get to see big guns :sweat:

66 + 30 spares for our 350 odd sm1? :think:

This is likely the first phrase of purchase.
Military training, mechanical maintainece training, hand-ons and technology trahfer.
SAF won't purchase 66 plus 30 and stop there.

Who know, by 2008, SAF might orders 200 more.:sweat:

Actually, are they going to make the old ones scrap metal? :think:

Military training, mechanical maintainece training, hand-ons and technology trahfer.

Possibly, ST will get a contract to upgrade them to A6 with local stuff added inside :bsmilie:

why 2A4...last I checked, Germans using 2A6, the ones with the sloped turrents...2A4 2nd hand castaways, cheaper isit?...

more likely replacements for those Centurians...

This is good news.
Actually a very long time ago, Sing already....(secret)
Anyway, Leopard is one of the best, if not the best.

The people who decided know what they are doing.

(Hearsay only)
Quite unlike another country where corruption was so rampant that they bought a (joke)main armour vehicle body; then bought (joke) turret from another manufacturer that was so heavy and did not fit that the turret could not turn. :bsmilie:

The Leopard is some what similar to our current ones.

The Leopard 2 is comparable to say M1A1? :think:

may not, 66+30 sounds like a one to one replacement for the Tempest.

Oh btw, the Rheinmetall L44 is similar to the M256 on the M1s. ;p

Sigh.

I only get to see big guns :sweat:

yah loh, they worked their tail off to get the Primus within MLC30. So there will be another SM1 replacement that will fit into the MLC30 limit of the ABG. Either they will re-use the AVLB (unlikely) with these Leopards or some of the Leopards might be bridge layers.

Oh btw, the Rheinmetall L44 is similar to the M256 on the M1s. ;p
its the same...the Americans produce it under license...

:think: Refurbished Leopard 2 A4s...wonder what that means... an upgrade to the L55 or uparmour to A6 standards? Either way, thats very good news for armour:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.