Finally...looks like the FZ30 is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the heck~ i just bought my fz20 not long ago... :mad2:

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fz307eb.jpg

Some things i noticed different from FZ20

1) Viewfinder now above the LCD screen
2) Viewfinder looks like more protruded out...
3) Lens barrel now more to the side
4) Shutter release button now relocated to where I wan.. :bsmilie:
5) Assist Lamp now on the other side
6) Seem like got manual zoom!!
7) Jog dial?!
8) Aperature 2.8 - 3.7!?
9) LCD seems like can swivel.. :think:
10) Lesser buttons
11) More rounded body shape

Quote from dpreview pana forum:

"I just called panasonic argentina.
They refused to tell me any characteristic, price, etc, but the did told me that is coming in september in my country."

Now it's time to wait for the official release and reviews of FZ30..

Any news from Panasonic Singapore?

I just bought my FZ20 yesterday! haha.. that's life. :bsmilie: I think the factor that will make me want to upgrade will be lower ISO noise. Hope they fixed that.

oqs said:
I just bought my FZ20 yesterday! haha.. that's life. :bsmilie: I think the factor that will make me want to upgrade will be lower ISO noise. Hope they fixed that.

Agree. also if it has the high-speed focus feature of the FZ5 and allow me to shoot RAW reasonably fast too, I may get one for places when it is really difficult to carry my 4kg gear around... :think:

Fz30 really coming out? hm.. the shutter release button to where i wanted ! hahaha well but the price.............

anyway the lens seems smaller ? or isit the picture nia haha

Calvinlo : hahaha 4kg? wad u carry in ur camera bag? weights? hehehe jk jk

Best of all help to keep this forum going on :)
new cam= new discussion

stormweaver said:
Fz30 really coming out? hm.. the shutter release button to where i wanted ! hahaha well but the price.............

anyway the lens seems smaller ? or isit the picture nia haha

I've seen a picture of it which shows that it is a f2.8-3.7 lens, unlike a f2.8 constant for the FZ20.

Here it is. Very nice! :)
fz307eb.jpg

the lens is getting slower..dun expect too much from it

eow said:
the lens is getting slower..dun expect too much from it

Hardly surprising... On the bright side, it's still less than 1 stop.. That's one mean feat..

One more addition to the list:

Bigger sensor size! It's a 2/3 sensor..
If they keep the camera at 5MP or 6MP, it should be capable of fairly noiseless shots up to ISO 800...

i don't know about you guys but obviously the authenticity of this guy's claims have yet to be verified. there is no mention of it on the official co.jp site. could just be a prank.
i even a site that looks exactly like dprevew except instead of "dpreview", it was "bogus review". the article featured an FZ30 with "revolutionary" transparent wood optics!!

This is the link! :)

http://www.ice9.me.uk/lumix/

stormweaver said:
He has a 300mm f2.8 lens and a D2H which adds up to about 4 kg.

Hey, guys have u realised tat the top view looks like the samsung 8 mp new camera... and it is the same 2/3 sensor... hmmmzz... same oem from the developer...?

1) the manual zoom yet? finally here.. no more digital option too... pure manual zoom.. guess the camera's gonna be pretty big though.. digital zoom can move elements inside the body, manual is most likely to move the front elements. I guess this is no longer contained optics, and light will suffer as a result of the distance, thus max of f3.7.

2) minimum of 7.4mm, means now the distance between lens and sensor is greater..
means the boken capability is much greater than any of the current FZ series. still 12X though..

3) a jog dial!! u can't believe my joy in seeing one..

4) manual focus ring has been moved forward a bit?

BUT...
looks funny that Panasonic would redesign the whole back panel.

guess this is the transition between DSLR and prosumer cams.

Hmmzz... if it is really 7.4mm

The crop factor now is 4.8 instead of 6... if the full range is still 35-420mm...

Hong Jia said:
Hmmzz... if it is really 7.4mm

The crop factor now is 4.8 instead of 6... if the full range is still 35-420mm...

Transition from 1/2.5 sensor to 2/3 sensor.. The crop factor has to change.. And you can't pack 8MP into a 1/2.5 sensor due to diffraction limits..

But if this is using a decent 5MP - 6MP, 2/3 sensor.. We can probably expect good high ISO noise levels..

airconvent said:
i don't know about you guys but obviously the authenticity of this guy's claims have yet to be verified. there is no mention of it on the official co.jp site. could just be a prank.
i even a site that looks exactly like dprevew except instead of "dpreview", it was "bogus review". the article featured an FZ30 with "revolutionary" transparent wood optics!!

This is the link! :)

http://www.ice9.me.uk/lumix/

I'm quite sure the guy spoke the truth because the picture of the FZ30 is in the genuine Argentina Panasonic website. :think:

As for why the picture appears in the Agentina website and not the Japanese HQ website...well, probably an unfortunate mistake of a poor advertising guy who forgot to check with Japan. Remember how the Nikon D50's manual appeared on the web quite a while before the D50 was actually annouced? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.