Finally i got my k-x

xxrenxx

Aug 4, 2010
Eunos
Hi guys, after weeks of consideration and reading this forum + posting to ask question and such, i finally get myself a k-x!!:sweatsm:

Got it from Ray at SLR Revo, indeed he is a nice guy, very helpful even thou the shop is pack of ppl. Thumbs up for him :thumbsup:

Navy Blue

DSCF1033.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, after weeks of consideration and reading this forum + posting to ask question and such, i finally get myself a k-x!!:sweatsm:

Got it from Ray at SLR Revo, indeed he is a nice guy, very helpful even thou the shop is pack of ppl. Thumbs up for him :thumbsup:

Navy Blue

DSCF1033.jpg

Welcome new Pentaxian!

hi guys, was wondering, how to blur background, i set apreture to the lowest already yet it's the same? O.O

what time u went? i was there as well... haha... i bought the dual lens kit... 50-200mm...
was tempted to get the navy blue.... very nice!

and hello to all pentaxians... looking forward to learn from u all :)

what time u went? i was there as well... haha... i bought the dual lens kit... 50-200mm...
was tempted to get the navy blue.... very nice!

and hello to all pentaxians... looking forward to learn from u all :)

i went around 4+ got held up at gain city... was so pack when i got there.

how much did u get urs at? i got mien for 845:cool:

kit 1
protector
memory
eneloop rechargeable kit

wanted to get a normal filter but ray told me dun have to waste the addition 6buck for a normal filter as lens itself is glass and wont be dmg easily if i maintain it.

nice advice:D

i went around 4+ got held up at gain city... was so pack when i got there.

how much did u get urs at? i got mien for 845:cool:

kit 1
protector
memory
eneloop rechargeable kit

wanted to get a normal filter but ray told me dun have to waste the addition 6buck for a normal filter as lens itself is glass and wont be dmg easily if i maintain it.

nice advice:D

oh i left at 3+.... $982 = 50-200mm + bag + screen protector + sdhc 8g card (class4)

wanted to get class 6 but ray said class 4 will work for both video and continuous shots without any problem.... so i bought class 4 instead since they didnt have class 6...

anyone using class 4 card can confirm the above?

Welcome to Pentaxians' family.

How to blur the background? There are a few ways:
1. longer focal length
2. wider aperture
3. closer to the target
4. put the background a bit far from the target
5. a combination of the above

For example, when taking photos of birds on grass land like this, if shooting from a bit high position, it'd end up like this:
K7FW2445_s.jpg

Because the background is a bit too close to the target (the sparrow here in this photo), so you'd see the bokah is a bit messy.

But if shooting from a lower angle, you can easily produce photos like this on the same bird:
K7FW2468_s.jpg

Of course if you keep the background far away, it's very easy to achieve this kind of bokeh-shots:
K7FW2366_s.jpg

And as I said, a longer focal length does help in throwing away background (so to achieve nicer bokeh in some cases):
K7FW2322_s.jpg

K7FW2389_s.jpg

All these photos were taken with an old manual Tokina 80-200 lens at wide open F4.5 to F5 aperture.

Last edited:
alright! thanks for the info:D

Happy shooting!

congrats xxrenxx!!! Happy playing with it! I bought my whitey to school today for YOG event, gosh, alot people said it look like toy! hahaha

enjoy the camera!

first thing i think is to read the manual until very familiar then u be steady pom pipi to a good start

How to achieve photos like our famous food blogger "http://www.ladyironchef.com/" ah? the behind is very blur de. >.<

ok guys, have questions to ask.

1) If i close up on a object and shoot, will the image get distorted?
Was taking picture of a birthday cake just now and i took the shot up close, but the output is very shaky..

2) Was at "P" mode just now, when i turn the wheel the shutter speed seems different, very quick shot with flawless image, very slow shot with shaky image.

P = program mode so means its the shutter setting i'm playing around with just now?

3) Av mode = apreture mode is 1 of the way for blur background?

Sry for asking this as book is too thick and i might ended up slping while reading;p

I think you gotta read more on the manual la, don't lazy! :) i'm still reading!

welcome to pentax :)

I think Ray say the same thing to everyone. No filter , class 4 is enough. lol

welcome to pentax :)

I think Ray say the same thing to everyone. No filter , class 4 is enough. lol

Sad enough for me, i was not served by Ray and another guy told me that filter is good for protecting the lens kit. So i bought it. :confused:

Sad enough for me, i was not served by Ray and another guy told me that filter is good for protecting the lens kit. So i bought it. :confused:

which is not really wrong thought as long as your filter is not improportional to ur kit lens price ;p

The Articles and Guides section has a whole bunch of great info for newbies.

But seriously just come for one of the outings, its much faster for someone to explain and demonstrate the theory to you in person.