Finally got a new ballhead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
for my 602Z.... It's a Kaiser 6017 which has an independent panning control. No tension control though.

abc.jpg

Specs:
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=details&sid=10427241481959570&sku=KRBHS

Paid $95 for it at Fotoguide. One shop on the 2nd floor wanted $120 for it ;p Dunno whether I really got it for a good price or not though...

Hm u seem to be getting lots of heads :D

Erm no quick release i suppose from the pic ?

only ever bought 2 including this one if Larry's Slik Pro is not counted. ;p

this has no quick release. mated it with the Manfrotto 323 which I already bought.

Originally posted by mpenza
only ever bought 2 including this one if Larry's Slik Pro is not counted. ;p

this has no quick release. mated it with the Manfrotto 323 which I already bought.

2 oni meh??

There was a slik one where u mounted it onto a silk U series tripod....a big slik one u recently shown..,this new one....3 liaoz mahz..if plus the one on the original gm sprint tripod u bought recently i think...is 4

And with larry's one u mentioned, thats 5 oredi....w00t....

I guess i read the forums too much.....:bsmilie: :p :D

hi! i'm a newbie to 602. Wanna get a tripod. but have been seeing u guys talking abt ball head. whats that for ah??

which tripod shld i get also?? Manfrotto cost how much ah?

Originally posted by dinomax
hi! i'm a newbie to 602. Wanna get a tripod. but have been seeing u guys talking abt ball head. whats that for ah??

Ballhead gives u maximum freedom of movement for the camera. You can sviwel any which way u want to. spherical movement.

The default set of movements that comes with a normal tripod is quite rigid. up down left right movement.

Originally posted by mpenza
Paid $95 for it at Fotoguide. One shop on the 2nd floor wanted $120 for it ;p Dunno whether I really got it for a good price or not though...
did you check out ruby photo? think they carry kaiser ballheads too...

anyway, good for you mpenza. finally got the ballhead you wanted... :thumbsup:

There's many Manfrotto ones, costing from over $100 to much much more.

depending on your budget, Cathay Photo is currently selling the Manfrotto 190 for $110. This is a fair price IMHO.

this is without ballhead. you could go there WITH your camera plus whatever converters and flash and try it with the SLIK Pro Ballhead they have (which Larry is also currently selling at a very cheap price). :D

So once you get the hang of how a ballhead works, and compared to the normal 3-way pan head, then you can make a decision which one is comfortable for you.

Perhaps a tripod with independent legs, 3-section, and weigh about 2kg (with head) for the 602Z would suffice? Anyone want to help me out here with regards to camera-tripod weight support?
:)

Originally posted by maddog

Ballhead gives u maximum freedom of movement for the camera. You can sviwel any which way u want to. spherical movement.

The default set of movements that comes with a normal tripod is quite rigid. up down left right movement.

u mean with ballhead the camera can tilt 180 degree all round??

Originally posted by Larry
did you check out ruby photo? think they carry kaiser ballheads too...

anyway, good for you mpenza. finally got the ballhead you wanted... :thumbsup:

hi larry, which ballhead are u selling off?

Originally posted by fruitybix

depending on your budget, Cathay Photo is currently selling the Manfrotto 190 for $110. This is a fair price IMHO.

this is without ballhead. you could go there WITH your camera plus whatever converters and flash and try it with the SLIK Pro Ballhead they have (which Larry is also currently selling at a very cheap price). :D

So once you get the hang of how a ballhead works, and compared to the normal 3-way pan head, then you can make a decision which one is comfortable for you.

Perhaps a tripod with independent legs, 3-section, and weigh about 2kg (with head) for the 602Z would suffice? Anyone want to help me out here with regards to camera-tripod weight support?
:)

what abt the slik U9000?? able to hold the weights?? Manfrotto 190 is way off my budget.. :(

not too sure about the SLIK 9000. It comes with 3 way panhead, so if you want to use ballhead, you will need to factor the whole cost in.

hi larry, which ballhead are u selling off?
it's the Slik Pro Ballhead, going for a cheep cheep price of $50 (price tag @ CP is $200+).

the B&S thread link is here...
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22851

on the 2nd page, i swiped one of mpenza's pixs to show how the ballhead looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.