Finally decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffery79

Oct 11, 2008
Dear all:

Thanks for your advice. I have decided to get a D60 second hand.. however, they do not come with lens. Can anyone advice me on what lens should i get as a starter? Hmm...budget is about 200-250. Is there any limitation with regards to lens for D60? Which particular types / models can i choose from? or are compactable with d60?

ah.. i have a good condition 18-70mm kit lens selling.. .. =)

18 to 70mm is a versatile range to start photography with (from mild wideangle to mild telephoto).. the nikkor 18-70mm is sharp and well built.. do let me know if you are interested.. cheers..

alternatively if you want you can consider the 18-55mm together with a 50mm AF-D.. or the 18-55mm VR with a little bit of top up..

Last edited:
try the kit, with your budget it should be affordable. also 18-55 or thereabouts tends to be a good range for you to discover your personal preference for visualisations, and also to try out quite a number of genres.

do note that you need af-s lens (that's the correct term for the nikon lenses with inbuilt af motors right)

Thanks for all the advice.. can i check if there is any limitation with regards to lens for D60 as compared to D80?

yes, the limitation is you won't get AF with lenses which are not AF-S. Most of the newer lenses are AF-S, so you shouldn't worry too much. The 18-55, 18-70, 18-135, 18-105 kit lens are all AF-S.

Unless you're talking about older lenses, like the 50mm/f1.8 prime, then you wouldn't get AF with your D60. You can still use the lens, which of course means manual focussing (which I hear is quite do-able with the D60).

Status
Not open for further replies.