Finally bought the C2100UZ


Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
36
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Do you know the C2100UZ can use the 10X optical zoom while recording in movie mode? Yes it can!
Also when using a 128mb SM card, it shows max recordable length of movie as more than 400 secs (15fps). Wonder whether the length of movie is unlimited, depending on storage size! Did not try to record that long cos busy exploring other features.
Will post any new find later, if any..........
 

Blankies

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
250
0
0
NTU
geocities.com
Originally posted by LifeWorld
Do you know the C2100UZ can use the 10X optical zoom while recording in movie mode? Yes it can!
Also when using a 128mb SM card, it shows max recordable length of movie as more than 400 secs (15fps). Wonder whether the length of movie is unlimited, depending on storage size! Did not try to record that long cos busy exploring other features.
Will post any new find later, if any..........
wow !!! jealous ... :D
how much you buy eh ?
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by LifeWorld
Do you know the C2100UZ can use the 10X optical zoom while recording in movie mode? Yes it can!
Also when using a 128mb SM card, it shows max recordable length of movie as more than 400 secs (15fps). Wonder whether the length of movie is unlimited, depending on storage size! Did not try to record that long cos busy exploring other features.
Will post any new find later, if any..........
Alright! One more Oly C-2100uz user.....like me (see my Avatar)!!! :D

Yes, The Oly C-2100uz can record at 10x optical zoom, and if u turn on the digi-zoom, u can record at up to 27x zoom (at a loss in quality, of course).

For a 128MB SM card, in HQ movie mode, the recordable capacity is 442 sec, with max clip length of 48 sec each. In HQ movie mode, the recordable capacity is 1762 sec, with max clip length of 158 sec each.

That is, u can't record all 128MB worth of movie at 1 go..but have split into multiple clips.

Anyway, glad that u r enjoying ur new toy...u'll find that this DC is very versatile. :)
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
36
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Originally posted by Jayan


Alright! One more Oly C-2100uz user.....like me (see my Avatar)!!! :D

Yes, The Oly C-2100uz can record at 10x optical zoom, and if u turn on the digi-zoom, u can record at up to 27x zoom (at a loss in quality, of course).

For a 128MB SM card, in HQ movie mode, the recordable capacity is 442 sec, with max clip length of 48 sec each. In HQ movie mode, the recordable capacity is 1762 sec, with max clip length of 158 sec each.

That is, u can't record all 128MB worth of movie at 1 go..but have split into multiple clips.

Anyway, glad that u r enjoying ur new toy...u'll find that this DC is very versatile. :)
Is there any software that could link the clips together as one long movie?

Anyone have spare new tripod or bag for sale?
Called Oly sg, they told me no gift for C2100UZ bot from specific dealers. Mine was one of them! So no gift....... This was due to special deal between the dealers and Oly sg.
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
36
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Originally posted by Blankies


wow !!! jealous ... :D
how much you buy eh ?

Blankies, I bot from Alanphoto at $950 with Hoya filter, inclusive GST. 64mb card at $50. Total $1000. :rbounce:

Now got to look for tripod and bag/case.......
Wonder why it does not include a carrying case for the camera!:dunno:
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by LifeWorld


Is there any software that could link the clips together as one long movie?

Anyone have spare new tripod or bag for sale?
Called Oly sg, they told me no gift for C2100UZ bot from specific dealers. Mine was one of them! So no gift....... This was due to special deal between the dealers and Oly sg.
Ouch!!! :eek:

Anyway, tripods and camera bags can be bought rather easily and cheaply...depending on the brand and quality.

;)
 

lufu

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
127
0
0
Visit site
I see, so only Jayan got the free gift.

AP can sell it so cheap cos they brought it from Olympus at a special price?
 

Klause

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,417
0
0
36
Bedok
Visit site
Just went to olympus today. Got my firmware upgraded by Mr Goh(very nice man) and he gave me a FAQ to digital camera book.. haha..

No more promotion for free gift.
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by lufu
I see, so only Jayan got the free gift.

AP can sell it so cheap cos they brought it from Olympus at a special price?


Maybe.....

C-2100uz is considered a very old product, more than 2 yrs old liao, like a few other Oly DC models like C-2040z and C-3040z..it's ending it's production run already! :confused:

So we can expect that Oly will be dumping all these older DCs into the market...even Wal-Mart in the USA is selling it at no-frills, discounted price of US$499 (S$925).:thumbsup:

Anyway, just my $0.02 worth....:gbounce:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.