Finally bought the 35mm f1.8

tunge

Mar 15, 2009
I have been using the 50mm f1.8 for some time, but very often i found the lens too tight for me. So went shopping for the Nikkor DX 35mm at Funan today. Went to my usual shop to check for stock, SLRR no stock, TK Foto no stock. was thinking should I go home but don't wanna waste the trip so I took the plunge to check out Bally (yup some of u might be shock) but then they had stock and the price quoted was within the range quoted by the usual shops. I checked the lenes, warranty, serial no. All good, paid up n am happy.
Gonna shoot my new born niece this weekend:)

Enjoy the lens! I have this too :D

mee three ;)

Congrats on this wonderful purchase!
How 'little' did they managed to carrot you?

how much did you pay for it?

Congrats on this wonderful purchase!
How 'little' did they managed to carrot you?

nope didn't get carrot at all... paid $329 cash for the lens.
I guess as long as u know ur stuff and price b4 hand shouldn't have any worries buying fr them.

Totally agreed with you... if you know your stuff, how ppl can carrot you???

I guess as long as u know ur stuff and price b4 hand shouldn't have any worries buying fr them.

Congrats and btw, that is a good price.:)

SLRR no stock, TK Foto no stock. was thinking should I go home but don't wanna waste the trip so I took the plunge to check out Bally (yup some of u might be shock)

Ha ha ha, I did the exact same thing at Bally one month ago. Pick up a few cheap magazines from them too.

I guess it will be perfect for babies photo :cool:

My favorite lens. Good buy! 8D

congrats! now start shooting ;p

I have been using the 50mm f1.8 for some time, but very often i found the lens too tight for me. So went shopping for the Nikkor DX 35mm at Funan today. Went to my usual shop to check for stock, SLRR no stock, TK Foto no stock. was thinking should I go home but don't wanna waste the trip so I took the plunge to check out Bally (yup some of u might be shock) but then they had stock and the price quoted was within the range quoted by the usual shops. I checked the lenes, warranty, serial no. All good, paid up n am happy.
Gonna shoot my new born niece this weekend:)

Cool! I am searching for it high and low as well 3 weeks ago.. Damn frustrating.. So, with no more options,I decided to go to Challenger at Funan to get the lens. But also dun have...:bheart:

I think the boss of bally read the postings in the consumer section and decided to wake up his idea...:bsmilie:

chillicutter said:
Cool! I am searching for it high and low as well 3 weeks ago.. Damn frustrating.. So, with no more options,I decided to go to Challenger at Funan to get the lens. But also dun have...:bheart:

I think the boss of bally read the postings in the consumer section and decided to wake up his idea...:bsmilie:

Eh? I saw a few sets of the 35 1.8 at Funan challenger yesterday.

Bought a few things from them previously with no problems. Bought the 35 f1.8 as well at a good "regular customer" price. If you do your homework and counter your offer with them, Bally can be an alternate place to buy camera equipment. In fact those things which I bought were cheaper than some shops in Funan.

chillicutter said:

Why not try artworkfoto?
They are grey sets but still offer shop warranty if u don't mind.
I got it at $310 6months back. No problemo.(touch wood)

I have this lens as well. Good lens but need to take care when shooting against over-exposed white lights as there might be purplish chromatic aberration form at the edge of the white portion. However that isn't much problem if work around the exposure.

Good to know that the stock is low which means its in demand. Hope Nikon will come out with another DX prime.

Bought a few things from them previously with no problems. Bought the 35 f1.8 as well at a good "regular customer" price. If you do your homework and counter your offer with them, Bally can be an alternate place to buy camera equipment. In fact those things which I bought were cheaper than some shops in Funan.

my guess is that you're able to get a cheaper price because they chopped other less savvy customers.