Finally a reduction in transport fare

What's goes down will goes up one day and that day will be more painful than this. Given a choice, I would prefer status quo. Thank you.

I appreciate the savings.

All please pass the fare reduction to me if you don't want it. :)

Are you really that gullible to believe that they will actually give it?

It's just another carrot for the coming GE la

Don't get conned.

Just take the carrot lah ......... comes in handy later when you want to shove it up their ...."you know what"....... :bsmilie:.

So oil come down 50% fare goes down 1.9%? So fuel costs account for how much in this algorhythm or whatever formula they use?

What is typical fare to say ride one way to work lets say circa 10km?

Zenten you sound part American... :D

Last edited:
Are you really that gullible to believe that they will actually give it?

Pretty sure they will, but fares will rise again in the future.

According to http://www.ptc.gov.sg/FactsAndFigures/fares.htm, it's S$1.42 if it doesn't involve Circle Line or Northeast Line, $1.67 if it involves Circle Line or Northeast Line.

For myself, my trips for the past few years (NS, university, internship) tend to cost around $2.

Last edited:
So oil come down 50% fare goes down 1.9%? So fuel costs account for how much in this algorhythm or whatever formula they use?

Zenten you sound part American... :D

I do?? I bet you haven't heard me sing before ....................:bsmilie:

I'm sorry bros but I would love to be able to get around at those prices

I'm sorry bros but I would love to be able to get around at those prices

.....there's usually no logic in what they apply ................but Singaporeans could care less as long as they are given some incentive every now and then ............ :)

Honestly Kit I really don't feel that way but I do see your point.

Bloomberg business just had a new article about Singapore in it today and the 1st thing it brought up was the price of automobiles btw...

Last edited:
I do?? I bet you haven't heard me sing before ....................:bsmilie:

But we've seen you dancing: :bsmilie:

ha_tao_quirky_china_news.jpg

But we've seen you dancing: :bsmilie:

ha_tao_quirky_china_news.jpg

That's not me....... if you must know i always do my dance routine topless....... :kiss:

Election is coming sweet for 1year bitter for 3 yrs... The cycle goes on ! Remember the 10% GST ? Thanks to Aljunied GRC we avoided that :)

It's just another carrot for the coming GE la

Don't get conned.

You may think in this way but many folks on the street think otherwise especially those older generations.

Reactions: Nikonzen
Election is coming sweet for 1year bitter for 3 yrs... The cycle goes on ! Remember the 10% GST ? Thanks to Aljunied GRC we avoided that :)

Alright!! .....now give me a five ..... :cool: