Finalizing on hooting K-x

Once again, thanks uncle felix & gummy or e advise... Guess i need one dat is nt to heavy

Set to centre. Compose with subjects in the centre. If need to set other points set as auto. Press shutter halfway at source and recompose and shoot... something like that . . .

thanks but auto means we will never know where the camera decides to focus on right?

thanks but auto means we will never know where the camera decides to focus on right?

Yah, but if u worry abt that, then there is another one where u can choose which area u want it to focus. Also quite good but speed wise is slower to set if u in a hurry. If Potrait or Macro then its a no problemo. If candid & street just focus on the middle. Changing to bigger no. aperture also helps.:)

Yah, but if u worry abt that, then there is another one where u can choose which area u want it to focus. Also quite good but speed wise is slower to set if u in a hurry. If Potrait or Macro then its a no problemo. If candid & street just focus on the middle. Changing to bigger no. aperture also helps.:)

u mean set the AF point to manual right?
the points will be shown on the lcd is it?

wouldnt that be a chore to look into the viewfinder, then the lcd, then the viewfinder again?

u mean set the AF point to manual right?
the points will be shown on the lcd is it?

wouldnt that be a chore to look into the viewfinder, then the lcd, then the viewfinder again?

I believe what riscal means in that you choose the center point as a focus point, autofocus and recompose and snap with a smaller aperture (bigger f-number) so as to have a deeper depth of field so that the chances of your subject to be in focus will be higher.

erm.. in kx's live-view mode, it's possible to use phase detection AF right? since then contrast-detection is very slow

thanks for such fast reply!

i tot must go prone on the ground to make low shots.. lol

Put in ziplock bag?

ziplock bag really help?:think:

then it is really god like....:bsmilie:

heard that the main problem should be battery too cold may not able to work... have to keep it warm...
since it is -28, it should be quite dry....:think:

yea i'm mostly in russia now and it's VERY dry.. dry till skin also can crack..
but after so many years i got used to it already..

but after summer holiday which i will go back home.. come back russia again lips will crack, nose will feel dryness again

Qs: do u guys buy lens hoods for ur DAL kit lenses, since they dont come with it..

if so, should buy the original or got alternatives?

Qs: do u guys buy lens hoods for ur DAL kit lenses, since they dont come with it..

if so, should buy the original or got alternatives?

Clip-on ones can get from Ebay
Screw-on(52mm)ones can get from mass sales or Ebay

thanks cleonbus!

I'm officially a pentaxian~
yay~~ red kx twin kit 55-300 lens

got camera liao, then realised the m42 adapter i got in russian doesnt work :(
dunno why it cant twist to the camera mount... :(

i'll post some pic later, can some pro help me see...?

I'm officially a pentaxian~
yay~~ red kx twin kit 55-300 lens

got camera liao, then realised the m42 adapter i got in russian doesnt work :(
dunno why it cant twist to the camera mount... :(

i'll post some pic later, can some pro help me see...?

You screwed onto the lens 1st and then try to mount on the camera, or do you mount the adapter on the camera and then screw in the lens?

I've found that on some 3rd party adapters (different batch, same seller), the latter works and the former does not (well, it still does if you leave some play when mounting on to the lens and then mounting to the camera).

Gd luck

thanks for the prompt reply pinholecam..
i looked carefully and closely.. i found out that the adapter i have has a tiny extra ledge, so it made the mount ever so slightly more narrow than wat it should be..
thus, it cant be mounted.. oh gosh.. sighz..

thanks for the prompt reply pinholecam..
i looked carefully and closely.. i found out that the adapter i have has a tiny extra ledge, so it made the mount ever so slightly more narrow than wat it should be..
thus, it cant be mounted.. oh gosh.. sighz..

Bummer.. :confused:

Anyway, just get the jinfinance ones on ebay at abut $10-15 ea (many other sellers selling the same stuff). They have worked fine enough for me, though the 1st one I got was better and can be mounted on lens 1st. The later ones from same seller can't :dunno:.

i dont understand.. why cant it be mounted on the lens first?
is there some sort of mechanism?

i dont understand.. why cant it be mounted on the lens first?
is there some sort of mechanism?

No idea. At first I had though it was the finishing. I even went through looking for machining burrs and filed a bit at the edges. I suspect that when seated on the screw mount of the lens, the play (or lack of) between lens screw mount and adapter does not allow the adapter to seat properly into the camera mount.

Anyway, don't care, I just UAI.

Last edited:
Do idea. At first I had though it was the finishing. I even went through looking for machining burrs and filed a bit at the edges. I suspect that when seated on the screw mount of the lens, the play (or lack of) between lens screw mount and adapter does not allow the adapter to seat properly into the camera mount.

Anyway, don't care, I just UAI.

Yea the screw threads aern't very accurate and the one i had would screw on "too much" onto the lens untill the lens was prventing the adapter from fitting all the way into the body to be able to mount it :sweat: