Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arx

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Just own a Oly C-750 recently....
wan to ask something:)

Do I need an original CP filter or ND or UV? or 3rd party Hoya one will do the job?

How abt close up / macro filter? must get original one to get the best result? I heard 3rd party one will get lots of distortion..

Can advice? Thanks:gbounce:

T

ToMyself

If you value quality, buy the originals.

Filter wise, you have the option of many brands. If you don't mind the compromise, a cheap filter will do. Rule of thumb is, buy the best you can afford. Hoya, B+W, Heliopan are some of the long time filter manufacturers.

A UV filter will see more practical use for a start.

sequitur

Apr 17, 2003
flickr.com
get the 3rd party ones.
HOYA is cheap and good.

no point buying originals coz IMO it's just another piece of glass.

sony sells their UV filter for $80 (2 filters for $160 if i'm not wrong)

but a HOYA SHMC costs only $23... and it's not like a big difference in optical quality.

Jay

May 29, 2003
East
Visit site
Hi Sequitar,

Am in need of some SHMCs - 58, 62, 68, 72.

Where can you get them cheaply.

Thanks

jasonwcs

Jun 30, 2003
Sg/HG
Visit site
Originally posted by Arx
Just own a Oly C-750 recently....
wan to ask something:)

Do I need an original CP filter or ND or UV? or 3rd party Hoya one will do the job?

How abt close up / macro filter? must get original one to get the best result? I heard 3rd party one will get lots of distortion..

Can advice? Thanks:gbounce:
Hi Buddy,
He..he.. me also a c-750 user, well to save cost for the filter I just buy those 3rd party 1, it's cheaper and also works almost same as the orginal, well result almost same, currently me have few type of filter, CL-porilazer, UV, FL, softener, crossscreen & some micro lens,
well not all comes in handy, so buy wisly, also check out for scrtaches before paying aspecally 2nd hand 1.
Cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom