filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl

Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
i have 2 lens of 55mm and 77mm. what's ur guys method to purchase filters to fit the 2 lens? cannot be buying 2 sets of filters rite? shd i buy 55mm or 77mm filters? thanks

Originally posted by stl
i have 2 lens of 55mm and 77mm. what's ur guys method to purchase filters to fit the 2 lens? cannot be buying 2 sets of filters rite? shd i buy 55mm or 77mm filters? thanks
Buy 77mm filter only and get 55-77 step up ring.........

Originally posted by Knighthunter

Buy 77mm filter only and get 55-77 step up ring.........

what brand of step up ring can recommend me?

Buy any brand! Doesn't matter a whit! You probably would not get a 55-77 in which case you will have to buy 2 like 55-67 and 67-77.

Originally posted by Radix Lecti
Buy any brand! Doesn't matter a whit! You probably would not get a 55-77 in which case you will have to buy 2 like 55-67 and 67-77.

will stacking 2 step up rings in this case have any effect on the photos?

Originally posted by stl

will stacking 2 step up rings in this case have any effect on the photos?
It may create vignetting, darken area at the pic's periphery.
Step up ring is cheap get the right size......

so what's my best options? currently i have 2x 55mm lens, intend to purchase 4 filters and future purchase a 77mm wide angle lens. wat size of filters/step up rings shd i purchase now? thanks for all suggestion.

Originally posted by stl
so what's my best options? currently i have 2x 55mm lens, intend to purchase 4 filters and future purchase a 77mm wide angle lens. wat size of filters/step up rings shd i purchase now? thanks for all suggestion.
Get the 77mm size filter and 55-77mm step up ring, because step up ring is always cheaper than filters and you can't use 55mm filter for 77mm lens.......

future lens? confirm it's 77mm and no change in choice? sekali go 86mm then u wd've spent extra money buying the already ex 77mm filters...

Originally posted by denizenx
future lens? confirm it's 77mm and no change in choice? sekali go 86mm then u wd've spent extra money buying the already ex 77mm filters...

most likely the case lah...'cos i have narrow down to 3 lens and all 77mm mah...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.