filters


Status
Not open for further replies.

stl

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
104
0
0
40
Visit site
#1
i have 2 lens of 55mm and 77mm. what's ur guys method to purchase filters to fit the 2 lens? cannot be buying 2 sets of filters rite? shd i buy 55mm or 77mm filters? thanks
 

Knighthunter

Senior Member
Sep 13, 2002
958
0
16
44
Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
#2
Originally posted by stl
i have 2 lens of 55mm and 77mm. what's ur guys method to purchase filters to fit the 2 lens? cannot be buying 2 sets of filters rite? shd i buy 55mm or 77mm filters? thanks
Buy 77mm filter only and get 55-77 step up ring.........
 

stl

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
104
0
0
40
Visit site
#3
Originally posted by Knighthunter

Buy 77mm filter only and get 55-77 step up ring.........
what brand of step up ring can recommend me?
 

Nov 6, 2002
140
0
0
41
Visit site
#4
Buy any brand! Doesn't matter a whit! You probably would not get a 55-77 in which case you will have to buy 2 like 55-67 and 67-77.
 

stl

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
104
0
0
40
Visit site
#5
Originally posted by Radix Lecti
Buy any brand! Doesn't matter a whit! You probably would not get a 55-77 in which case you will have to buy 2 like 55-67 and 67-77.
will stacking 2 step up rings in this case have any effect on the photos?
 

Knighthunter

Senior Member
Sep 13, 2002
958
0
16
44
Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
#6
Originally posted by stl


will stacking 2 step up rings in this case have any effect on the photos?
It may create vignetting, darken area at the pic's periphery.
Step up ring is cheap get the right size......
 

stl

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
104
0
0
40
Visit site
#7
so what's my best options? currently i have 2x 55mm lens, intend to purchase 4 filters and future purchase a 77mm wide angle lens. wat size of filters/step up rings shd i purchase now? thanks for all suggestion.
 

Knighthunter

Senior Member
Sep 13, 2002
958
0
16
44
Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
#8
Originally posted by stl
so what's my best options? currently i have 2x 55mm lens, intend to purchase 4 filters and future purchase a 77mm wide angle lens. wat size of filters/step up rings shd i purchase now? thanks for all suggestion.
Get the 77mm size filter and 55-77mm step up ring, because step up ring is always cheaper than filters and you can't use 55mm filter for 77mm lens.......
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#9
future lens? confirm it's 77mm and no change in choice? sekali go 86mm then u wd've spent extra money buying the already ex 77mm filters...
 

stl

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
104
0
0
40
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by denizenx
future lens? confirm it's 77mm and no change in choice? sekali go 86mm then u wd've spent extra money buying the already ex 77mm filters...
most likely the case lah...'cos i have narrow down to 3 lens and all 77mm mah...:D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom