Filters Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhaimig

Oct 30, 2002
Central
Usually I keep my filters in the Lower Pro S&F Filter Pocket but after owning very much of them, I felt that the filter pocket is not suitable as having more than two filter pocket taking up space in the bag. Has anyone has a solution?:)

Cheers.:cool:

Filters?

First of all, are they screwed-mount or square filters?

Originally posted by jasphotography
Filters?

First of all, are they screwed-mount or square filters?

Screw mount filter. Thanks.

I got a big bag, so never had space problem with filters... get a bigger bag pal.

Last time, I always buy a small/medium bag but with time, the bag just isn't big enough for my growing appetite for camera bodies, lenses, filters, flashgun, films, batteries, etc etc. So, I kept changing bags until a point I told myself "this has to stop!".

Either I stop changing bag or I quit buying in more gears ...

Obviously (for me), I didn't choose the latter, hence there I go and got myself a big bag!

Well, as for keeping filters' storage space to a minimum, here is what I usually do:

For square filters, throw or put aside the original packaging at home. Keep the filters neatly in a CD pouch, which can hold up to 15 to 20 filters.

For screwed mount filters, if they are of the same filter thread size, I usually stack them up one after another. The first and last filters act as a protection against scratch/dust/water and they are usually my least-used or spare filters.

Thanks I'll try to stack them up.

Originally posted by suhaimig
Thanks I'll try to stack them up.

If you are going to stack them look around for metal stack caps.

These are metal caps that screw into the top and bottom of the filter stack and are available in all filter sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.