Filters for FZ10

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning69

Jun 9, 2004
I'm thinking of buying the Lumix FZ10. There are many types of filter available and which types should I get for a start?

first filter to get is most definitely UV filter lor... need to protect lens mah... :D

but hor.... how u intend to attach filter? need to get adapter...

juzthin said:
first filter to get is most definitely UV filter lor... need to protect lens mah... :D

but hor.... how u intend to attach filter? need to get adapter...

Use the lens hood provided. You'll need 72mm filters to fit.

Planning to use the lens hood provided. Is the 72mm filter readily available? Are they expensive? What about polariser?

lightning69 said:
Planning to use the lens hood provided. Is the 72mm filter readily available? Are they expensive? What about polariser?

They are 2-3 times more expensive that those 52-58mm ones.

Parallel said:

I think juzthin is right, the UV is a must. It will protect the dust from getting into the lens.

Parallel said:

Hi,

That is bad news. What if I get a adapter to fit those 58 mm filters, would it affect the picture taken because of the smaller size filter?

adaptor for 58mm filters? don't think will have vignetting... even have also quite slight lor...

if u intend to use a variety of filters? better buy adaptor instead of using lens hood as one. price difference of filter quite big. eg.
72mm UV - $28
62mm UV - $15

but then price of adaptor probably eats up the cost-savings anyway. haha...

awongkk: How's your sigma lens hood? your fz10 must look really cool now... btw, u using which flash?

juzthin said:
awongkk: How's your sigma lens hood? your fz10 must look really cool now... btw, u using which flash?

Can fit a Sigma lens hood on the FZ10? IS that avatar of awongkk the FZ10 fitted with the Sigma lens hood?

lightning69 said:
Can fit a Sigma lens hood on the FZ10? IS that avatar of awongkk the FZ10 fitted with the Sigma lens hood?

Yeah, that's Me and my FZ10. :D Does it looks cool :vhappy:

juzthin : I'm using the Vivitar 283 with omnibounce. :)

awongkk said:
Yeah, that's Me and my FZ10. :D Does it looks cool :vhappy:

juzthin : I'm using the Vivitar 283 with omnibounce. :)

Oh yes...it looks damn cool.. :) What is the model of the sigma lens hood an how much?

How much do you pay for the Vivitar 283 with te Omnibounce?

Hmzz...

I got a tokina 72mm UV filter for S$15 dollars... How come the rest of the UV filters so expensive... or issit that tokina UV filter not as good...

Still a very new newbie...

lightning69 said:
Oh yes...it looks damn cool.. :) What is the model of the sigma lens hood an how much?

How much do you pay for the Vivitar 283 with te Omnibounce?

The petal hood is the one that sold by "San Ge", the Vivitar 283 is S$120 or S$130 can't remember liao, and the Omnibounce is S$28.

awongkk said:
The petal hood is the one that sold by "San Ge", the Vivitar 283 is S$120 or S$130 can't remember liao, and the Omnibounce is S$28.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.