Status
Not open for further replies.

MÝ Ðë©ËMBëR®

Deregistered
Sep 10, 2005
Meteora
www.facebook.com
hello pepz...
im a complete nut here! :bsmilie: was just wondering what is the best filters for general photography... im using D70s :D

what lens are you using? I would recommend nikon filters like l37c(UV filter) or NC(Neutral Color) filters.

Hoyas are hard to clean and smudges easily.

TMC said:
what lens are you using? I would recommend nikon filters like l37c(UV filter) or NC(Neutral Color) filters.

Hoyas are hard to clean and smudges easily.

im using the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-70mm f/35~4.5G IF ED... :)

how much does the nikon filters l37c costs? and wher do i get em? sorry... im a nut! :embrass:

well they are not cheap but I find that they are worth the money. In SG, prob about 90+? Check with USM or I can bring one in for you by mail.

The shops such as CP, Lords, TK foto and TCW will carry them.

MÝ Ðë©ËMBëR® said:
im using the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-70mm f/35~4.5G IF ED... :)

how much does the nikon filters l37c costs? and wher do i get em? sorry... im a nut! :embrass:

For your kit lens, 67mm thread, Nikon only has the NC but not the L37C. Unfortunate.

is a soft filter really necessory? all gd image processing softwares can soften the pic

roti_prata said:
is a soft filter really necessory? all gd image processing softwares can soften the pic
Wah.. pro comment :thumbsup:

MÝ Ðë©ËMBëR® said:
hello pepz...
im a complete nut here! :bsmilie: was just wondering what is the best filters for general photography... im using D70s :D

didnt know that filters must match with the brand and model of the camera or lens:sweat: :bsmilie:

MÝ Ðë©ËMBëR® said:
hmmm... how much is e hoya UV filter costs? and wher do i get it? :embrass:

I got mine got $15 dollars at TK Photo Shaw Towers. The thing is it is cheap. Hard to clean I really dun know because I juz use a blower to blow off dust.

hey guys n gals,

proud owner of new D50...just wondering...other than the uv filter, what other filters are good to hv? polarizer or ND? i m also new n wish to better my photo skills...

WongCL said:
hey guys n gals,

proud owner of new D50...just wondering...other than the uv filter, what other filters are good to hv? polarizer or ND? i m also new n wish to better my photo skills...
Then you'll be glad to know, you don't need filters to get better skills.. you just need to shoot more. :D

yup...i know...that's why i hv been taking many photos lately...but say for example i want to take flowing water with slow shutter speed but then the pic will be too bright....then wouldnt it be better if i hv ND filter to darken the scene? or is there other ways to control the exposure?

hope one of these days i can join u ppl for photo shoot...then i can learn from u ppl...cheers

WongCL said:
yup...i know...that's why i hv been taking many photos lately...but say for example i want to take flowing water with slow shutter speed but then the pic will be too bright....then wouldnt it be better if i hv ND filter to darken the scene? or is there other ways to control the exposure?

hope one of these days i can join u ppl for photo shoot...then i can learn from u ppl...cheers
There are ways to control the exposure, I leave you to think for yourself, understand exposure and you will know how to control it. :D

Don't go out with me, I only like to see pretty girls :bsmilie: Learn from the PROs around.

well, i usually have on a Circular Polariser for them sky shots. :)

filters come in handy for me, cos i'm not really into the whole post-processing procedure much, takes away the fun of shooting, of mastering the art of taking shots that don't need much post-processing, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.