Filters Filters Filters ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

just asking got shop sells one set of various types of filters???

i am taking landscape shots so what kind of filters should i get? currently i got one uv filter on my kit lens....a circular one on my 55mm-200mm lens....

but i want to get more effect....like soft at the edge creating romantic kind of feelings, the sky more blue etc etc....the kind which will make pictures speaks more creatively....

Read up here http://www.thkphoto.com/products/hoya/index.html as provided by megaweb

hi,

just asking got shop sells one set of various types of filters???

i am taking landscape shots so what kind of filters should i get? currently i got one uv filter on my kit lens....a circular one on my 55mm-200mm lens....

but i want to get more effect....like soft at the edge creating romantic kind of feelings, the sky more blue etc etc....the kind which will make pictures speaks more creatively....

for landscapes the basics u would need is most prob a circular polariser... to increase saturation and contrast, and reduce glare/reflections.... next is the ND and GND filters... ND filters allow u to increase exposure time to create flowing waterfalls rather than frozen ones... and the GND filters balance the exposure between bright skies and dark foreground....

for other effects u could use starburst filters, coloured or warming filters... but they are optional...

Hi.. just got my CPL... i tried using both UV and CPL... but experienced vignetting...

so... is it ok if i remove my UV filter.. and use CPL always attached on my lens...???

will there be any problem on it.. in terms of everyday shooting...

thanks in advance...

Hi.. just got my CPL... i tried using both UV and CPL... but experienced vignetting...

so... is it ok if i remove my UV filter.. and use CPL always attached on my lens...???

will there be any problem on it.. in terms of everyday shooting...

thanks in advance...
yes. That will be no problem.

Regards,
Arto.

thanks... except for the 2 stop down difference, right..??? :(

There should be no issues in using the CPL without the UV filter. Why do you have issues with the 2 stop differences? :dunno:

There should be no issues in using the CPL without the UV filter. Why do you have issues with the 2 stop differences? :dunno:

i read that since this filter will block unwanted lights or reflection, it tends to slow / 2 stops down... although i havent check it yet...

since im experiencing vignetting with stack filter (w/ UV)... i want to make my cpl attached to my lens all the time... just wondering if there will be any problem using it for everyday shot....

i read that since this filter will block unwanted lights or reflection, it tends to slow / 2 stops down... although i havent check it yet...

since im experiencing vignetting with stack filter (w/ UV)... i want to make my cpl attached to my lens all the time... just wondering if there will be any problem using it for everyday shot....

there wil be a 1-2 stop difference.. but u're usually going to use the lens for outdoor shots.. esp landscapes.. so i don't see any problem with leavingi the pol on.. but if u decide to use it for portraits or other moving objects.. then the loss in light may cause u to use a shutter speed that's too slow.. in those cases remove the cpl... ur qn just boils down to exposure prob.. use ur instincts and discretion.. if the light is too dark do what's necessary to compensate..

CPL is not meant for a replacement for UV. I do not put on a CPL unless I need the desired effects and even more so when i need that extra stops of light when i am indoors. And moreover, getting your UV filter scratched is definitely more tolerable than getting your CPL scratched!

sorry if this is noob, did read the post before commenting..
is there a limit to these filters..like, how long can one last (wear and tear)..
thot of getting a normal uv filter..jus embarking on the photography train..
Thx in advance!

Is there any senior here know which shop to get Cokin Sunset filter and ND Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.