Filters and set up

Thanks for the recommendation, LEE filters are abit deep for my pockets so Tianya and cokin will be the choice.
I do know that cokin filters can b used on tianya holder too, so any reason why you recommend cokin holder + ring with tianya filters? personal preference or some reason behind it?

quality of tianya filter holder is rubbish.

price difference is not that bad.

cokin filters cost more than tianya, but quality about the same, cokin introduce yellowish cast that can be corrected but takes time. tianya also got cast but not so heavy.

cokin also has UWA filter holder that is extra thin and can hold only one filter. tianya only has multifilter holder..

also, for cokin p series size, later on when you win 4d and want to BBB singh ray, they make in cokin p series size also. :)

quality of tianya filter holder is rubbish.

price difference is not that bad.

cokin filters cost more than tianya, but quality about the same, cokin introduce yellowish cast that can be corrected but takes time. tianya also got cast but not so heavy.

cokin also has UWA filter holder that is extra thin and can hold only one filter. tianya only has multifilter holder..

Actually bro, the wide angle holder for tianya is now available. I saw loads of it in China. Quality is still junk though.

I should go visit tianya's factory one day, and try to get some free samples. LOL. :devil: They're in Zhejiang province, near Ningbo.

quality of tianya filter holder is rubbish..

Do agree with this statement cos I easily broke the 1st holder I use after trying to remove the filter. It is also quite loose & flimsy at times. Maybe that's why it's only $12

Do agree with this statement cos I easily broke the 1st holder I use after trying to remove the filter. It is also quite loose & flimsy at times. Maybe that's why it's only $12

Cokin's holder is not that much more expensive. $15 if I remember correctly. BTW the tianya ones are dirt cheap in china.

Cokin's holder is not that much more expensive. $15 if I remember correctly. BTW the tianya ones are dirt cheap in china.

yes, weighing the pros and cons, at most $10 for something that looks like it can last me 3 years (and has lasted me 3 years).. the choice is clear.

btw, if anyone wants a cokin p series CPL, please pm me, if you aren't someone with zero posts, you can have it for free. i have no use for it.