Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

eason

Oct 15, 2004
Hi,I am a beginner,what kind of filter which is necessary to buy for good photography? :)

That is a very open question. what is the subject that you will be shooting?

the most important filter I guess is to have is the UV filter.

Cir-PL is good for landscape.
warm-up is good for bringing up the warm color.
other filters like star filter may be good if you want night shoot.
:
:
:

I would conclude that each filter has it own purpose(s)

filter/s is not necessary for good photography as good photography can be achieved without the use of a filter. however, a filter/s can help enhance or create effects. an analogy that comes to my mind now is: is the use of toothpaste necessary for brushing one's teeth?

Don't worry about filters for now. I wouldn't say a UV is important. Other than to protect my lense from the elements, I don't mind shooting without.

I have for the moment, PL, red, orange, warming (85A), cooling (80B), NDx4 and NDx8. I bought them for experimenting & fun, "good photography" is still dependent on myself.

For me..only a UV. Simply to protect the Len. I am thinking of getting a polarising filter, useful for very sunny place like the beach with all the glare.

And maybe a ND filter...but so far haven't see the need yet.

i got UV's on all my lenses....to protect them...

and only one CIR-PL for sunsets etc...

tt's all...special effects filters....can do in post processing..

hi,

i got a filter that came with the camera when i bought it...
it is blue in colour and i have no idea how to use it or what it is called...
anyone can help ?
thx

I think it's a color correction filter? For the flash? Or?

Does it have a turnable front?

:)

For beginner, u dont need to worry too much abt filter really. I suggest u learn to use the camera as it is, and maybe get a simple prime lens, eg 50mm. Then take some photos and show us your photos and we will advise u what to do next.... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.