Filter stucked onto filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboey

Jun 16, 2006
Eastern Singapore
www.iboey.com
i mounted a hoya ND4 filter onto a Hoya UV and now they are both stuck. I din even screw in tight and its dead locked. I tot wrong placement of thread but its correct. how I save this 2 filters :dunno:

use 2 filter wrenches...

i mounted a hoya ND4 filter onto a Hoya UV and now they are both stuck. I din even screw in tight and its dead locked. I tot wrong placement of thread but its correct. how I save this 2 filters :dunno:
If you can find filter wrench... Maybe camera shop can help you.

Regards,
Arto.

wear rubber gloves (the thick ones you use for cleaning) and use your palms to twist

no wrench....i use my mighty god strength still not even a tiny turn :angry:
sometimes the lesser force you use, the more it work... at least it worked for me twice. :bsmilie:

The other time, I tried using my working shoes. :bsmilie: Placed 2 filters in between the rubber soles, and turn. Remember to focus on the turning strength and not the strength on pushing them together. Also, that time my one is a small one 52mm only. Big one, your soles may dirty your filters. Try to protect it first, before trying. :bsmilie:

Its all about leverage. I think if you focus on turning it than pressing hard onto the filter it will work. Thats what wrenches do. They don't grip the filter too tight and also allows you to concentrate your force onto turning it.

i tell you

old lubber band trick may work

i tell you

old lubber band trick may work

keep trying.. maybe everytime you try it'll get 1mm closer to loosening up.. since you didn't screw it tight means maybe expansion or smth..

Managed to find a rubber mat and put on floor, throw the filter on to it. it came off :bigeyes: Just joking...managed to unscrew it on rubber mat. Thank for the active response

Status
Not open for further replies.