Filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

markpacman

Mar 24, 2009
Aljunied
marknagas.multiply.com
newbie filter question.. im using a UV filter but now would like to have a CPL and ND filter..

any thoughts on the Hoya PRO1D filters for CPL and ND4 and ND8?

i guess id like to know which filter should i get first and which is more likely to be an everyday filter.. would either the CPL or ND8 be an everyday filter and replace the UV that i have?

currently using Tokina 67mm UV

newbie filter question.. im using a UV filter but now would like to have a CPL and ND filter..

i guess id like to know which filter should i get first and which is more likely to be an everyday filter.. would either the CPL or ND8 be an everyday filter and replace the UV that i have?

Research first. Understand what the filters do before buying them. Consider what a CPL or ND filter will do to your shots, then apply some common sense to figure out if it's an "every day" filter.

By an "everyday" filter, I'd take it that you mean a filter that's on your lens all the time? That would be your UV filter. No need to find a replacement. Please go read up on what ND and CPL filters are. They are specific purpose filters.

try to get a higher quality filter as i have 1 cheap filter and it always causes a bluring effect on my pictures. pro nd1 is quite expensive though. but i have yet to try it. if u are buying it pls pm me and tell me how good it is

why would u like to have a CPL and ND filter? ... please note its different from a UV filter, it's not an upgrade of any kind just because they are more expensive. so to answer, no the CPL and ND8 is NOT an 'everyday filter' to replace the UV, because they serve a different purpose ...

My recommendation would be circular polarizer filter first. This is more applicable during any daytime shot or where you want to remove minor reflection. Polarizing effect is gradual as you turn the ring, so you can turn off and gradually to max.

With ND, you will very like require tripod or some support as it meant to cut down light for special effects. But that does not mean it can use for bright day but I prefer CPL as it reduce light too with darken glass.
There is a fader ND which allow a range of density by turning but cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.