Filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah_Seng

Apr 8, 2003
Land of the woods........
Hi all,

Does one normally uses ND filter together with the UV filter or without?

:dunno:

Since most people mentioned that they normally leave the UV lens on at all times, I was wondering do you remove it when need to use ND filter or simply
add on to it....

How abt using UV with Red filter?

Damn....I don't even know if you can stack filters.....can you?

Pls excuse my ignorance....... :embrass: :embrass:

Hi, my advise is not to stack especially if you are using wide angle. There is a risk of vignetting. Just take off the uv and put on the filter you want to use.

my own 2 cents

Thanks...

Besides vignetting, will using UV and ND together cause the pics to be too dark?

I don't have the filters, so can't try out to see....

It depends on the ND filter you use, ND cuts light, UV filter only filter UV rays, but some will cut a bit of light.

Stacking them shouldn't be an issue.

normally i juz stack...can be bothered la haha.....take out put on ....

just remember, every piece of glass or element that you put in front of your lens, will lead to further deterioration of image quality, however minute it might be. if you don't have an urgent need for a certain piece of filter to be on, then take it out. but that's of course the perfectionist way of doing things. in most cases, you won't be able to even tell the difference.

jimtong is right...stacking of too many filters (on a WA lens especially) might lead to vignetting. the ring might protrude into the image area.

Status
Not open for further replies.