Filter needed for DSC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yowben

Jun 14, 2005
Hi,
I just bought a S2IS and wonder if a filter is needed for either photographic enhancement or simply lens protection. If so, what type is recommended.
:bigeyes: Thanks

Personally I believe in the use filter to protect lens unless in extreme conditions like sandstorm(which I have yet to experience)... IMO, if a real hard object hits your lens... filter or no filter your lens and maybe your camera also damage already.... as for P&S camera, the lens is even smaller than DSLR... so chances of it getting hit is lower....

As for Special Effects.... a lot of those can be done during post processing... But some people prefer to do it right during the shoot..... so it all depends on weather which school of thought do you belong to.....

These are just my personal opinion

Hi idor,
Many thanks for your advice.:angel: I will leave the purchase of a filter forn the time being... and see if there are many unexpected "things" that keep coming to the lens. BYT, are you a Singaporean? and what are you doing in Houston? I went to a few cities in the USA early this year (Portland, San Diego, SF, LAX, and DC). I was using my old digital camera which did not get me good results. I hope to do some shooting with my Canon S2 IS this weekend.
Benson

yowben said:
Hi idor,
Many thanks for your advice.:angel: I will leave the purchase of a filter forn the time being... and see if there are many unexpected "things" that keep coming to the lens. BYT, are you a Singaporean? and what are you doing in Houston? I went to a few cities in the USA early this year (Portland, San Diego, SF, LAX, and DC). I was using my old digital camera which did not get me good results. I hope to do some shooting with my Canon S2 IS this weekend.
Benson

Hi Benson...
To answer your question, I am a singaporean slogging away in Houston texas.... heheh just remember.... your lens is made from glass meaning its hard.... Anyways, just remember this... weather you treat your camera like jewellery and polish it to make it clean and nice or you use it and it looks worn out, its going to be worthless in 2 years time..... Anyways, enjoy your camera and remember to post your pics... hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.