Filter holder problem...corner fall off

Status
Not open for further replies.

photographique

Jul 14, 2006
Recently, I order a couple of tianya filters from the MO.

I realise that the filter holder creates a servere corner fall off when used on 15mm and below on my 12-24mm lens.

I'm just wondering how you guys overcome or deal with this, and I'm sure a lot of landscape photographers use filter holders on wide angles...:dunno:

Please help, and thank you in advance.

I also got same problem when I use my Sigma 10-20mm.

Solution: Ditch the filter holder and blu-tack the filter right onto the lens. :thumbsup:

Recently, I order a couple of tianya filters from the MO.

I realise that the filter holder creates a servere corner fall off when used on 15mm and below on my 12-24mm lens.

I'm just wondering how you guys overcome or deal with this, and I'm sure a lot of landscape photographers use filter holders on wide angles...:dunno:

Please help, and thank you in advance.
look for wide angle holder (1 filter instead of 3) this should lessen the vignett... or just use ur hand to hold.

look for wide angle holder (1 filter instead of 3) this should lessen the vignett... or just use ur hand to hold.

Oh there's a wide angle holder...:think:

But, wouldn't it be too big for the filter to fit?

I also got same problem when I use my Sigma 10-20mm.

Solution: Ditch the filter holder and blu-tack the filter right onto the lens. :thumbsup:

I see, I thought of sticking the filter somehow, too...:sweatsm:

I see, I thought of sticking the filter somehow, too...:sweatsm:

Really, it does work, and it also solves the problem of internal reflections because the filter is held some distance away from the lens in a holder, may cause flare etc when the sun is at the side, or behind the camera.

Blu-tack really is a great thing to have in your bag! :thumbsup:

Oh there's a wide angle holder...:think:

But, wouldn't it be too big for the filter to fit?
why too big? it is exactly the same as the normal one, except this time you can only place 1 filter instead of 3. there might be some vignetting tho, but should be alright at 13mm.
personally i don use the wide one(no one bring in tianya brand... got to get cokin which is pretty expensive). I normally bring the normal one but use my hand to hold the filter instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.