Filter for FZ7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvin_team

Jul 21, 2006
singapore
HI all, just got my FZ7 weeks a go, and planning to get polarizing filter, I saw some outodoor picture taken by FZ5 cam with that filter give good picture I want, any suggestion for that filter? and any idea how much it cost in singapore?

<"I'm new in photography.. please guide me :bsmilie: ">

kelvin_team said:
HI all, just got my FZ7 weeks a go, and planning to get polarizing filter, I saw some outodoor picture taken by FZ5 cam with that filter give good picture I want, any suggestion for that filter? and any idea how much it cost in singapore?

dude, what effect do you wan? each filter give different effect and there are bloody lots of filter. if polarizer filter, it will cost you ard 35-40 (hoya normal) for fz7 size thread.

kelvin_team said:

dude,
good picture is not from filter, is from the person holding the camera ;)

ExplorerZ said:
dude, what effect do you wan? each filter give different effect and there are bloody lots of filter. if polarizer filter, it will cost you ard 35-40 (hoya normal) for fz7 size thread.

want to take picture outdoor, usually the sky become wahsed out, reading article polarized can help for that, heard also about neutral density, any article can guide me about filter?

kelvin_team said:
want to take picture outdoor, usually the sky become wahsed out, reading article polarized can help for that, heard also about neutral density, any article can guide me about filter?

lost the link to those guide. for sky washed out, i guess you need a gradual ND more instead. CPL does help to decrease the brightness of sky entering your lens but it also reduce light from the darker place entering ur lens. you will have to turn the CPL filter to the correct angle to get maximum effect which will help to make pic more saturated and slightly more exposure balanced.

ExplorerZ said:
lost the link to those guide. for sky washed out, i guess you need a gradual ND more instead. CPL does help to decrease the brightness of sky entering your lens but it also reduce light from the darker place entering ur lens. you will have to turn the CPL filter to the correct angle to get maximum effect which will help to make pic more saturated and slightly more exposure balanced.

hmm, ok, so ND filter ya, can it fit directly to my FZ7? any idea how much the price for ND and CPL filter and where can i buy that?

Hmm i actually still have the CPL, HMC, ND4 and IR filters for my Fz5 and i feel like selling them off...Haha.

kelvin_team said:
hmm, ok, so ND filter ya, can it fit directly to my FZ7? any idea how much the price for ND and CPL filter and where can i buy that?

ND is about $20 and CPL is about $35-40 which i mentioned above. you can get them from Cathay Photo

Hmm i actually still have the CPL, HMC, ND4 and IR filters for my Fz5 and i feel like selling them off...Haha.

sell so early for wat... you still stuck with 5xmm :nono:

ExplorerZ said:
ND is about $20 and CPL is about $35-40 which i mentioned above. you can get them from Cathay Photo

lol my 18-70 is 67 mm leh.

metallilan said:
lol my 18-70 is 67 mm leh.
oopz haha, time to get the professional 77mm :bsmilie: $.$

metallilan said:

Haha.. how much leh you want to sell for all that filter?? ;p

ExplorerZ said:

ok, I'll check to cathay... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.