Filter for Canon 17-85mm with 1.6x crop factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd's

Dec 10, 2005
Hi all,

Need help with selecting of B+W Circular Polarizing Filter for canon 17-85mm IS lens.

I am currently considering buying the NORMAL B+W 010 MRC UV filter. I read there are some vignetting issues when used with the SLIM B+W Circular Polarizing Filter stacking on.

Can anyone advice if I should get the SLIM or NORMAL version of the B+W Circular Polarizing Filter with the 17-85mm IS lens if I bought the NORMAL B+W 010 MRC UV filter.

Better still can anyone offer advice if there is an as good alternative from Hoya? Maybe I don't buy the NORMAL B+W 010 MRC UV filter and get both the UV and Circular Polarizing Filter to Hoya brand instead. Which ones will you recommend then?

All this in the context of a 1.6X crop camera on a 20D.

Help!!

Many thanks in advance!!!

+evenstar

Lloyd's said:
Hi all,

Need help with selecting of B+W Circular Polarizing Filter for canon 17-85mm IS lens.

I am currently considering buying the NORMAL B+W 010 MRC UV filter. I read there are some vignetting issues when used with the SLIM B+W Circular Polarizing Filter stacking on.

Can anyone advice if I should get the SLIM or NORMAL version of the B+W Circular Polarizing Filter with the 17-85mm IS lens if I bought the NORMAL B+W 010 MRC UV filter.

Better still can anyone offer advice if there is an as good alternative from Hoya? Maybe I don't buy the NORMAL B+W 010 MRC UV filter and get both the UV and Circular Polarizing Filter to Hoya brand instead. Which ones will you recommend then?

All this in the context of a 1.6X crop camera on a 20D.

Help!!

Many thanks in advance!!!

Don't stack filters. If u use the Cir. pol, remove the UV filter

Lloyd's

Dec 10, 2005
Thanks +evenstar for your reply.

Just wondering as I am kinda lost on the selection of filters.

I have a 67mm walkaround (17-85) and a 77mm Zoom (70-200) lens but I would like to share Circular Polarizer. I intend to use a 67mm to 77mm stepup adapter to save costs so i can spent the money on only 1 77mm Circular polarizer. I do not have to spent the extra $$$ on another 67mm Circular polarizer.

The BIG question is considering I have the above 2 lenses should I still buy the B+W Slim or Normal Version Cir Polarizer? Or is there another possible solution?

Anyone has experience to share?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.