Filter discussion !

Status
Not open for further replies.

pool7979

Feb 15, 2009
Hi, I am currently using LUMIX FZ28. Was looking for a 46mm hoya multicoat protector/uv filter to protect my lens. Tried looking for hoya uv filter but it seems that they have no stock for it regardless of where i go .. ended up buying a Marumi Skylight 1A filter...

anyone has any comment on this filter ? Will it degrade my picture quality ? Kinda of regret now .. was thinking that I shld have gotten a hoya HMC filter instead ? its selling at 38 bucks compared to my current one at 15. Are there alot of differences btw these 2 filters ? if yes, i might consider go buy the hoya hmc filter...

anyone here able to gif any advice ??

Not sure how better filters are like, but my experience with shooting with cheap filters is that sometimes you get a ghostly reverted image on your picture when shooting in low light. So i'll say it probably depends on what you're shooting. Examples here:

3287786233_d70e9787a7_b.jpg

3287780881_4a4bf781db_b.jpg

3287779435_5b3e173e26_b.jpg

Last edited:
woahz ic .. hmm .. anione here using same as mi ? marumi skylight 1A ... how issit ? i find this filter makes pics abit soft though the package says its a all purpose filter ... anyone here able to gif comment on my current filter ? think i getting a hmc soon .. or neutral density filter .. heard its good for nite shots when long explosure is needed ? am i missing someting or wrong here ???

the best way to try is to shoot with and without the filter and see the results for yourself...
no one will be able to answer your question on whether it is good or not.... :)

Hi, I am currently using LUMIX FZ28. Was looking for a 46mm hoya multicoat protector/uv filter to protect my lens. Tried looking for hoya uv filter but it seems that they have no stock for it regardless of where i go .. ended up buying a Marumi Skylight 1A filter...

anyone has any comment on this filter ? Will it degrade my picture quality ? Kinda of regret now .. was thinking that I shld have gotten a hoya HMC filter instead ? its selling at 38 bucks compared to my current one at 15. Are there alot of differences btw these 2 filters ? if yes, i might consider go buy the hoya hmc filter...

Buy only B+W Filter

if yes, i might consider go buy the hoya hmc filter...

IMHO, Buy from internet is also safe. I buy BnW from hvstar.com - HK and goods are well received. They sell many filter. Otherwise, just search from Ebay.

IMHO, Buy from internet is also safe. I buy BnW from hvstar.com - HK and goods are well received. They sell many filter. Otherwise, just search from Ebay.

The prices from this US company (and official B+W Schneider Optics retailer) are pretty reasonable.

www.2filter.com

They also have very good online ratings.

Price point wise, I think Hoya HMC filters are a good bargain. These Multi-Coat filters are the minimum you need to prevent flare. Those uncoated or single coated tend to flare much more as I have seen from some personal tests using very good lenses. B+W filters may sometimes be a tad expensive but I'd reserve them for very expensive lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.